New Headphones = New Game!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zeitgeist

Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
I bought myself an awesome pair of Sony headphones today, and I must say it's already made a difference to my gameplay. Previously I used my (crappy) stereo, or walkman headphones when I needed to be quieter, but decent headphones certainly help a lot in game I think. Next step is to throw out my $5 soundcard and hook me up a nice SB Live! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

------------------
With friends like these, who needs enemas?

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
Yea, I've been thinking of getting some headphones for late night gaming. If your looking for the best 3d sound though, you may want to get a Vortex2 card. I just got an Aureal SQ2500 soundcard, and even with my 2 2way stereo speakers the sound is awesome. You can even hear the rockets zinging past your head, if your lucky enough to dodge 'em.

Zeitgeist

Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
Thanks sandorski, I'll keep that in mind. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
I'm actually going to a big LAN Party in a fortnights time, and there's a no speakers allowed rule.. thus I thought I'd splurge on some headphones. I'm going to dish the UT Smackdown all over the place at this party, in the name of PuF!

bullet2.gif

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Yep, a pair of good headphones makes a world of difference. You can hear things you didn't hear before through your speakers (unless your speakers kick butt /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif )

bullet2.gif

Hoe? Don't you be callin' my woman a garden tool!

Zeitgeist

Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
Yeah that'd rock SSSHAD, shame this damn country of ours is so big though.. we could hold it half way, at like Ballina or something.. and it'd still be a 4 hour drive /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif