BU AlienPod CTF server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems getting on to the BU CTF server? It seems like there is always a map call CTF-Avali-2k4 running and the redirect is messed up. It will download once and then start over at a snail's pace.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
We've been having some issues with iLan games recently...were trying to get things back up and running ASAP.

Then again, this may be a webadmin issue.
/me kicks RaptoR a couple times

Last edited:

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Well, whatever the problem was, it's fixed now. Had some good games tonight. The server was all bots, so I hung around a bit and things picked up. I think I'm going to start doing this when I play. The server got somewhat busy pretty quickly.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Post the IP of that server Beat, I'll check it out.
I'll also hang out there if the ping is decent, maybe if we're on it enough it'll become a regular hangout.

edit: nevermind, it's on the front page. 69.28.241.112

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Hanover_Fist said:
I'll also hang out there if the ping is decent, maybe if we're on it enough it'll become a regular hangout.

Ditto.

Han and Beat, the three of us need to get more games together like we used to in the 2k3 days. That is, when we're not all totally swamped with RL.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
What are the maps the server is running?

Stock maps + CBP2, or does it have some customs?

Who maintains it?

If it doesn't have customs can we ask someone to load them?

Questions..

Questions...

Questions.... :nag:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
If you get rid of the bots on our servers I can get them full.

is this the western ctf server we're talking about

either way just what han said. All these things we want from a server certain maps etc. If you follow our suggestions for settings, and brizz/han/a few others help me I can garuntee you a full server every night.

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Hanover_Fist said:
What are the maps the server is running?

Stock maps + CBP2, or does it have some customs?

Who maintains it?

If it doesn't have customs can we ask someone to load them?

Questions..

Questions...

Questions.... :nag:

You know, if you get your wish, you're gonna have to send me another disk! :B

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Renegade Retard said:
You know, if you get your wish, you're gonna have to send me another disk! :B

You know I love sending you stuff.

There will be another one soon (after this weekend), w/ JailBreak, CBP3 and RO, and there's supposed to be some other stuff released soon too.

Lemme know what you want if there's something else you've found.

I refuse to send anything IG related though, it's against my principals.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Renegade Retard said:
I would no longer respect you if you did!

shhh, they might be reading and you know how testy they are
196.gif

edit: thx Beat, I wonder if Pete will run the giant spiders mutator if we ask?

Last edited:

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
TWD, what changes to the server would you make? Personally, I'd like to see Super-Weapons disabled, bots either removed completely, or bumped down to four but set a bit higher than novice. IS player-highlighting enabled? Also, where can we get a complete map-list? I've been keeping my eye on the server, and that damn CTF-Avali-2K4, as cool as it looks, clears the server.

Edit: If you run, No Super Weapons, will that make the server not show if the Standard Servers Only is checked? If so, then maybe disabling them is not a good idea.

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
DaBeatard said:
Edit: If you run, No Super Weapons, will that make the server not show if the Standard Servers Only is checked? If so, then maybe disabling them is not a good idea.
AFAIK, if any mutators are used (including that one), the server is no longer considered standard.