Texture Morphing or changing textures whilst running the game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Evil_J

Mar 4, 2004
Does anyone know how we can implement texture morphing in ut2004. I want to change the skin colour of a character, when somthing happens to it. For example i want to change the characters skin from normal colour to pale colour. Is there a way of doing this kind of stuff in unreal. If so can you point me in the right direction. i.e which classes or functions atc. i ned to look at.

Cheers

aardvarkk

May 7, 2004
I can't offer much assistance as I'm pretty new as well, but it sounds possible to me. I know that I've created an interactive texture across a brush using a TexPanner, which can be modified from within the game just fine. I'm guessing you'll have to create some kind of Texture Modifier and then get your UnrealScript to alter the values of the modifier during gameplay. That's about all I've got :).

This may not be much help, but here's the code for my conveyor belt:
Code:
// sets the texture panning rate for every conveyor to ConveyorSpeed
function StartConveyors()
{
    local TexPanner TexPan;

foreach AllObjects(class'TexPanner',TexPan)
        TexPan.PanRate = ConveyorSpeed;
}

Evil_J

Mar 4, 2004
Ok so it is possible, I want to create a slider GUI

First of all i will create a slider and link it to change colour of skin by moving the slider. thats my first experiment. but thanks for your reply Aaardvark. I will try to figure things out.

Cheers

Evil_J

Mar 4, 2004
Opacity material ?

[SAS]Solid Snake said:
A better way of doing this is to overlay an opacity material on top of the texture. Then you just adjust the opacity layer's opacity.
Hi Solid snake,

Evil_J

Mar 4, 2004
Opacity material ?

[SAS]Solid Snake said:
A better way of doing this is to overlay an opacity material on top of the texture. Then you just adjust the opacity layer's opacity.
Hi Solid snake,

I am new to scripting, so sorry if you think i am asking silly questions.

I am working on a project to create 3d patient in Ut2004. With whom i can interact with, i.e if i give him an injection or medicine, i can see some reactions, for example, changing of skin colour. Hence the need for texture morphing. I am creating the model already. but what i am doing at the moment is use the current models in ut2004 and experiment with them.
Can you point me to the right direction, what classes i would need to modify etc. I have already created a slider gui in a menu, now i am trying to find a way how to link the textures with the slider. so when i move the slider, the texture changes.

You said Opacity material? can you give me an example.
I am a bit pushed for time on this project, so examples or snippets of code would be very helpful.
Are there any Mods for ut2004 which also come with the Mod source code.?

Sorry for being such a pain...

Cheers