PDA

View Full Version : Help with new vehicle

Eyegore
23rd May 2004, 09:08 PM
Hello all,

I just finished a helicopter vehicle. I coded it and got it in game and made a mutator to replace the raptors in maps with the new vehicle. I was hoping that maybe someone wouldn't mind helping me out by coding the fire to shoot the tank 50 cal fire rather than the plasma balls. I have been trying to get it to work for several days now to no avail. I'd really rather spend the time modelling:) I had originally wanted to have it be a 2-man vehicle so that someone could attack ground troops while the pilot could concentrate on air defense. But that is all probably a bit out of my league. So I'm not too worried about that...

Attached are in-game screenshots. If anyone would be willing to code up the machine gun fire to work with the alt-fire of the missiles (in other words, replace the plasma balls with 50cal fire) and attach my simple chaingun model, I can't tell you how grateful I'd be:) If not - I guess I'll have to figure it out for my-self -- but I'd really rather spend the time modelling...:)

Eyegore
23rd May 2004, 09:19 PM
Well, for some reason there's errors on this page so I have to host my own screens - that sucks...hopefully it won't take too long to download...sorry.

http://icosometricdesign.com/images/heloscrn01.jpg
http://icosometricdesign.com/images/heloscrn02.jpg
http://icosometricdesign.com/images/heloscrn03.jpg
http://icosometricdesign.com/images/heloscrn04.jpg

sweeny
24th May 2004, 05:46 AM
that looks sweet. i would help you out if i could code but i am afrade i carnt. hope you get it sorted tho i realy want to fly that thing.

Eyegore
24th May 2004, 06:09 AM
Thanks - I'll post it either way in a day or two - it just seems a little weird to shoot plasma balls...: I did get it to fire the machine gun, but the I couldn't get the alt fire to work. I'm going to give it a day or two to see if there are any takers, then I'll post it regardless and try to work out the coding myself over the next few months. I have some other projects I need to work on....

mccann
24th May 2004, 09:04 PM
It looks great! Do you have the propellers spinning and killing?

You could always provide a link to download what you have (working version and code) and then ask people to help tweak it. I'd be willing to take a look at it and see what I can do. I'm still learning the details of UnrealScript though, but I've been developing software for many, many years.

Eyegore
24th May 2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks -

Yep, the rotors turn, but I didn't think about making them kill anybody, besides, it's more coding to do. It's really not that I can't code it or figure it out, nor that I'm lazy, it's just that I want to spend the time modelling and textureing (2 skills I really want to get good at)

Here is a link to the file. It contains the scripts, texs, sounds, animations, and compiled files so you can try it out.

There is no readme, cause I'm not ready to release it, but when you put it in, just use the Apache mutator and it'll replace the Raptors with the helo.

http://www.icosometricdesign.com/ftpaccess/Apache_Files.zip

(sorry for not using the tags, I keep getting errors on the page and cant upload files etc...:()

Wulff
25th May 2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks -

Yep, the rotors turn, but I didn't think about making them kill anybody, besides, it's more coding to do. It's really not that I can't code it or figure it out, nor that I'm lazy, it's just that I want to spend the time modelling and textureing (2 skills I really want to get good at)

Here is a link to the file. It contains the scripts, texs, sounds, animations, and compiled files so you can try it out.

There is no readme, cause I'm not ready to release it, but when you put it in, just use the Apache mutator and it'll replace the Raptors with the helo.

http://www.icosometricdesign.com/ftpaccess/Apache_Files.zip

(sorry for not using the tags, I keep getting errors on the page and cant upload files etc...:()

I semi got it solved, the code ain't yet perfect, but it'll get ya there, I'll zip it shortly and stick up on my post. :D

Edit: Added, how I love sweeping through the terrain, following the little explosions around. The 50 Caliber is now usable, I haven't thoroughly tested it though for errors other than getting the UT2004 logfile de-spammified.

Eyegore
26th May 2004, 12:03 AM
Thanks for helping out! :) I'm really happy to have the help - *exactly* what I needed.:D

One bug though - seems to have trouble aiming, like the max and min pitch are changing on the fly making it almost impossible to draw a bead. But you probably already know about that.

Thanks again for the assistance with this - I can't tell you what a relief it is that I can shoot a 50cal with that thing and not plasma bolts!!!

mccann
26th May 2004, 12:27 AM
I coded this also... but I coudn't get the missles to fire once the machine gun was working. I think my code and your code was in conflict. I've removed the conflicts and now all is good.

I'm adding some of my changes into your code and fixing just a few things. I did notice that I'm able to destroy enemy stuff that hasn't been occupied yet. I'll attach the modified files tomorrow.

Dandeloreon1984
26th May 2004, 01:22 AM
Hmm... i am also interested in this... after all i am working on vehicles that will to be added to a game i am interesed in.

Wulff
26th May 2004, 05:07 AM
I coded this also... but I coudn't get the missles to fire once the machine gun was working. I think my code and your code was in conflict. I've removed the conflicts and now all is good.

I'm adding some of my changes into your code and fixing just a few things. I did notice that I'm able to destroy enemy stuff that hasn't been occupied yet. I'll attach the modified files tomorrow.

Thats actually perfectly normal you can destroy unoccupied enemy stuff. My geuss would be a conflict between projectileclass as to why the missiles won't work.

Eyegore
26th May 2004, 06:41 AM
Mccann - that was my problem too, couldn't get missiles to launch, but I wasn't trying to re-write any code, just use existing code for the tank turret and the normal missile projectile.

Glad to see the interest in helping with the code from everybody - in the meantime, I'm working a bit more on the shaders, etc, and possibly a 1st person model to show cockpit interior...we'll see:P

Wulff
26th May 2004, 07:06 AM
Mccann - that was my problem too, couldn't get missiles to launch, but I wasn't trying to re-write any code, just use existing code for the tank turret and the normal missile projectile.

Glad to see the interest in helping with the code from everybody - in the meantime, I'm working a bit more on the shaders, etc, and possibly a 1st person model to show cockpit interior...we'll see:P

I actually pasted the tank turret together with the attackcraftgun. Also reduce the spread to improve the accuracy of the gun.

mccann
26th May 2004, 08:41 AM
I actually pasted the tank turret together with the attackcraftgun. Also reduce the spread to improve the accuracy of the gun.

Wulff, you did a good job. However, I've done some modificaitons to your code. If you post your latest changes today, I can merge the files. :)

Wulff, are you interested in helping me figure out a coding issue of one of my mutators - bouncing a player?
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=135822

Wulff
26th May 2004, 10:29 AM
Wulff, you did a good job. However, I've done some modificaitons to your code. If you post your latest changes today, I can merge the files. :)

Wulff, are you interested in helping me figure out a coding issue of one of my mutators - bouncing a player?
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=135822

defaultproperties
{
MinAim=0.900000
FireInterval=0.200000
AltFireInterval=3.000000
AltFireSoundClass=ONSVehicleSounds-S.AVRiL.AvrilFire01
AltFireForce="Laser01"
ProjectileClass=NApache.RocketProj
AltFireProjectileClass=Onslaught.ONSAttackCraftMissle
AIInfo(1)=(bLeadTarget=True,aimerror=400.000000,RefireRate=0.500000)
mTracerClass=XEffects.NewTracer
mTracerInterval=0.060000
mTracerPullback=150.000000
mTracerSpeed=15000.000000
YawBone="Object01"
PitchBone="Object02"
WeaponFireAttachmentBone="Object02"
WeaponFireOffset=85.000000
DualFireOffset=5.000000
RotationsPerSecond=2.000000
bInstantRotation=True
bDoOffsetTrace=True
bAmbientFireSound=True
bIsRepeatingFF=True
Spread=0.000000
AmbientEffectEmitterClass=Onslaught.ONSRVChainGunFireEffect
FireSoundClass=ONSVehicleSounds-S.Tank.TankMachineGun01
AmbientSoundScaling=1.300000
FireForce="minifireb"
DamageType=Onslaught.DamTypeONSChainGun
DamageMin=25
DamageMax=25
TraceRange=15000.000000
ShakeRotMag=(X=50.000000,Y=50.000000,Z=50.000000)
ShakeRotRate=(X=10000.000000,Y=10000.000000,Z=10000.000000)
ShakeRotTime=2.000000
ShakeOffsetMag=(X=1.000000,Y=1.000000,Z=1.000000)
ShakeOffsetRate=(X=1000.000000,Y=1000.000000,Z=1000.000000)
ShakeOffsetTime=2.000000
AIInfo(0)=(bInstantHit=True,aimerror=750.000000)
CullDistance=8000.000000
Mesh=SkeletalMesh'ONSWeapons-A.TankMachineGun'
}

Amped the damage slightly, and reduced the spread to 0, only real changes to it. And that Mute sounds interesting but I need to some schoolstuff first, however my brain will rattle over it anyway.

Eyegore
26th May 2004, 11:47 AM
BTW - I do have a simple chaingun skeletal mesh that should be attached to the chopper. I'll upload it tonite when I get home from work, around 6pm EST.

Good idea on the damage increase:) If you have any other ideas for that sort of thing, they would be welcomed. When I coded it, I increased the max health to 800, because I thought it sucked that when in a Raptor you try to reach an objective, you get taken out by 2 shots. This gives you more flying time and the balance still seems pretty good to me. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, if you wanted, I was still thinking that to have the chopper have the ability to carry a passenger (don't know how well that would work) so that the pilot could concentrate on reaching the objective and self defense, whilst the passenger could attack the objective and ground forces.

I believe this could make the helo a valuable asset which in certain situations, could turn the tide of a battle....

EDIT: BTW, I noticted that there is a dual fire offset. The chaingun model I made is a simplified version of an Apache chaingun that my reference photo showed but a single barrel. Do you think the dual barrel would look cooler? If so, I can make a dual barreled chain gun...

Wulff
26th May 2004, 04:54 PM
BTW - I do have a simple chaingun skeletal mesh that should be attached to the chopper. I'll upload it tonite when I get home from work, around 6pm EST.

Good idea on the damage increase:) If you have any other ideas for that sort of thing, they would be welcomed. When I coded it, I increased the max health to 800, because I thought it sucked that when in a Raptor you try to reach an objective, you get taken out by 2 shots. This gives you more flying time and the balance still seems pretty good to me. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, if you wanted, I was still thinking that to have the chopper have the ability to carry a passenger (don't know how well that would work) so that the pilot could concentrate on reaching the objective and self defense, whilst the passenger could attack the objective and ground forces.

I believe this could make the helo a valuable asset which in certain situations, could turn the tide of a battle....

EDIT: BTW, I noticted that there is a dual fire offset. The chaingun model I made is a simplified version of an Apache chaingun that my reference photo showed but a single barrel. Do you think the dual barrel would look cooler? If so, I can make a dual barreled chain gun...

The dual thing shouldn't be too hard to get rid off, and reduce its HP to 600, 800 is too much for a flying vehicle, it could be possible to make the pilot simply fire the chaingun, and have the passenger use bombs and the missiles.

Eyegore
26th May 2004, 07:11 PM
I see what you're saying about the max health - how about 650 hit points and if after beta-testing, we get some opinions on that?

I do think though that the pilot need be able to fire both chain gun and missile due to the fact that when playing with bots, who knows how hard it'll be to get a passenger...maybe a weaker version of the chain gun so a single pilot can effectively attack the ground and use guiede missile systems as well. Maybe give the passenger a choice of 50cal or alt-fire napalm bomb. Let me know what you think, I have no problem with what people might want to see...:)

I'm finishing up the windshield texture - I'm not used to low-poly modelling and I think I made some rather poor texturing decisiions, like the fact that there are like 6 1024x1024 texures for it alone instead of 2 or 4. But I'm still learning - there are also a couple small details that I would have done differently, like the forward landing gear, but the polycounts were starting to really climb. At some point, I'll probably recreate the entire model anyway and just apply the code.

It still looks pretty cool though - especially when playing in a tropical type setting...

Wulff
26th May 2004, 07:20 PM
I see what you're saying about the max health - how about 650 hit points and if after beta-testing, we get some opinions on that?

I do think though that the pilot need be able to fire both chain gun and missile due to the fact that when playing with bots, who knows how hard it'll be to get a passenger...maybe a weaker version of the chain gun so a single pilot can effectively attack the ground and use guiede missile systems as well. Maybe give the passenger a choice of 50cal or alt-fire napalm bomb. Let me know what you think, I have no problem with what people might want to see...:)

I'm finishing up the windshield texture - I'm not used to low-poly modelling and I think I made some rather poor texturing decisiions, like the fact that there are like 6 1024x1024 texures for it alone instead of 2 or 4. But I'm still learning - there are also a couple small details that I would have done differently, like the forward landing gear, but the polycounts were starting to really climb. At some point, I'll probably recreate the entire model anyway and just apply the code.

It still looks pretty cool though - especially when playing in a tropical type setting...

A more solid guided missile system would be better, I mean like the one on the Levi, sure it'll lock on anything but that'd be cool.

Eyegore
26th May 2004, 07:34 PM
Sure - go for it.

:D

mccann
27th May 2004, 01:39 AM
Here are my latest changes. I conformed to the new package structure, changed the mutator startup class, tweaked the flying/gun rotation/weapon, cleaned up some of the other code. Also, changed the AltFire to the tank's big gun -- but you can change it to the one on the Levi. That might make it a little too powerful. Right now, this becomes the tank killer with surface to air missles (and shock guns) being the biggest danger.

Eyegore
27th May 2004, 08:39 AM
WOAH - the tank gun - that makes the chopper like the baddest vehicle in the game!!! Takin' out tanks in 3 shots, laying waste to ground troops - totally killer! But probably a little too killer:) - I'll try the levi guided missiles and see how that goes...then maybe back to the AVRIL type missile.

Perhaps a beta test with the 3 different possibilities - or a mutator to allow the user to decide what the alt-fire should be...

The only thing - and I can probably fix it if you're busy with other projects, is there is still a limited range when looking up. This causes a problem with manueverablilty. If you want, I can make that adjustment, if you tell me which adjustment needs to be made.

Oh, yeah, and one other thing - the 50cal gun, when the chopper is spawned, points perpendicular to the ground. Is this something that needs to be addressed in the code, or should that be changed in the model? If changed in the model, will it affect the orientation of the gun during use?

McCann, Wulff - I want to thank you for your help with this. I was really starting to pull my hair out (well, what hair I have) trying to figure this out. I figure as a modeller, it's useful to be able to at least know enough about UScript to get a model in the game, but the fine tuning is very challenging.

If you guys decide you ever need a model of a weapon or vehicle or something, let me know and I can help you out...

Thanks again:D

mccann
27th May 2004, 09:15 AM
My pleasure. If you need anything, drop me an email at "gamedev at charlesmccann.com" (replacing at with @). If you include a readme in your deployment, feel free to include me in it. And I'd be up for other team efforts on modding. It was fun.

In my play tests of the Apache, I've limited the ability to look based on the gun ability to resemble your front gun attachment. If it can't shoot straight up, then you can't look straight up (and that includes behind you as well). If you want to tweak these, look for: PitchUpLimit and PitchDownLimit. But, I think you'll find that these settings are more realistic. It feels like other apache-type heli's sims I've flown.

The machine gun is so cool and powerful, that I didn't find myself using the alt-fire that much until I switched it to the tank gun. However, it is probably a little too powerful. We could extend the tank gun and tone it down. However, I think we should try the Levi first... might be more realistic. The negative with that is this vehicle would then be good with air-to-air and air-to-ground.

A mutator config switch to pick which gun... that sounds good. And I guess we still need to determine if we should enable another player to sit in the Apache and do something. But, most importantly, let's get this into some real games and test it out.

Eyegore
27th May 2004, 09:47 AM
Yep - when I release, there will be a readme to contain credits and other information about the release.

I made the windshield reflective like the Raptor, in fact I used the Raptor shader, but I don't think I like the specularity texture, so I'm going to make another before the release. But then, after all, I'm not entirely convinced that it should be reflective anyway.

I'm also still toying with the notion of a 1st person model - but right now I'm making an ONS map, so I may put that off for a while. It'll also freshen it up to come back to it later and revise the model.

That's fine with the upward pitch limitation, in fact, after playing it a bit more, it accentuates the altitude advantage during air battle. I also want some kind of exhaust, so I think I'll use a very transucent smoke - the flames are a little to cheesy for this type of vehicle, so I'll probably mess with the exhaust emitters a little bit...but that's slightly independent of game-play tweaks...

I have some things to do this weekend, but I think that I'll post the Apache-based helo for beta-testing tomorrow - Maybe I can squeeze a little time tomorrow and Saturday for some playtesting. My bro is getting married this weekend and I have to go to a bachelor party tonite, a barbeque tomorrow and the wedding on Saturday. Definately Sunday and Monday I'll have time. I'll drop you an email.

Anybody else who reads this thread and would be interested in testing this weekend is more than welcome to join in... drop me an email or PM me.

mccann
27th May 2004, 08:29 PM
I'm available for some play testing on Sunday and Monday. Should be fun. I can add in some of my mods as well. We'll need to try it in dedicated server mode to truly verify the code all works fine. Do you have an extra machine to run as host? If not, I do.

mccann
27th May 2004, 11:37 PM
looks like the vehicle doesn't show up in networked games with the current code. going to look at it some more. I thought I'd try your code for the mutator DNApacheMutApache.uc to replace the vehicle; however, i get this error on compile -- "Can't find Class 'GUI2k4.UT2k4SP_Main' ... any ideas?

Ice-Child
28th May 2004, 01:56 AM
So what all files am I going to need to down load to play with this baby. Nice work by the way, was thinking of putting a Blackhawk in game myself, with a pilot only being able to fly, and two door gunners. The code from this will help me figure out a few of the things I wanted to do with it. I will just have to up the code so the blackhawk does what I want it to.

So if someone can point me to the right files, I wanna fly this puppy.

Thanks
Rob

Eyegore
28th May 2004, 09:16 AM
Ice-Child - I'll set up a post when everything is ready to go - probably in the WoD beta-testing forums for folks to DL. But I'll post here with a link to that post so anyone can find it easily.

McCann - don't know what that could be - I'll try to compile it with my Mut and your code to see if I get the same error. My Mutator is real simple, so we can start there.

Also - here at my house, I have a LAN set up with a server and I haven't been able to figure out how to get dedicated servers to show up on the internet with my network and all - so if in the meantime you could set up the server, that'd be real cool...

Eyegore
28th May 2004, 10:02 AM
Mccann - I had no problem compiling - didn't get that error at all and I tried with my mut class and your mut class, both with success.

As far as net replication goes, that is out of my programming league - I'll toy with it for a while, but I doubt I'll be able to figure it out.

BTW - there's a weapon replacement mutator call Worm2k3 or smething by Kangus I think, and that also didn't work with net games - or maybe more accurately, my net games -

I really have no ideas as to how to work that out - maybe it's not the mutator class, but something within on of the Apache classes - and because that one thing isn't quite right, it's seen as an error and not loaded?

Also - I put my own chain-gun model in the anim package - so, I changed the skeletal mesh for the tank machinegun to reflect that. I have to leave now, but once I finish scaling it and lining it up, I'll post the new anim package.

Eyegore
29th May 2004, 10:21 AM
Well, net play works if you change delete the Raptor factories and replace them with the Apache factories, but it doesn't work with the mutator. I have no idea why.

I increased the lift power for better air control - I got tired of flying into the ground. I also set the secondary fire back to anti-aircraft missiles. One other thing - I moved the code from the Fire2Missiles function back into the ProjectileFireMode state because if not in the state, the homing function doesn't seem to work. I also increased the PitchUpLimit to 7500 to give a little bit more on the upward attack range.

Also go the my chaingun model attached, scaled and rotated. Looks pretty good. I guess that outside of the net play problem, the Apache is pretty well done and ready to be released. I know that there may not be that much enthusiam if people can't play it online without first modifying maps to get it to play, but I have no idea how to get it to work with the mutator - I think it has something to do with the Apache code, though, and not the mutator code.

At any rate - tomorrow I'll upload the Apache as is for the public at large.

mccann
29th May 2004, 04:27 PM
Sounds like some good tweaks. Good catch on the homing function... that will make the missles a little more worth using. I'm going to continue to try to figure out the mutator issue we are having... we must be overlooking something.

Wulff
29th May 2004, 05:36 PM
Sounds like some good tweaks. Good catch on the homing function... that will make the missles a little more worth using. I'm going to continue to try to figure out the mutator issue we are having... we must be overlooking something.

//=============================================================================
//Replacement Mutator
//=============================================================================

class MutReplaceVehicle extends Mutator
config;

var string ArenaVehicleClassName; // Your vehicle class
var config string FactoryVehicleClassName; // The default vehicle to replace

var class<SVehicle> ArenaVehicleClass;
var class<SVehicle> FactoryVehicleClass;
var localized string ArenaDisplayText; // The line that shows up in the config menu
var localized string ArenaDescText; // The description of the option.

function PostBeginPlay()
{
local ONSVehicleFactory Factory;

FactoryVehicleClass = class<SVehicle>( DynamicLoadObject(FactoryVehicleClassName,class'Class') );
ArenaVehicleClass = class<SVehicle>( DynamicLoadObject(ArenaVehicleClassName,class'Class') );

if(ArenaVehicleClass != None)
{
foreach AllActors( class 'ONSVehicleFactory', Factory )
{
if (Factory.VehicleClass == FactoryVehicleClass)
Factory.VehicleClass = ArenaVehicleClass;
}
}

Super.PostBeginPlay();
}

static function FillPlayInfo(PlayInfo PlayInfo)
{
local array<CacheManager.VehicleRecord> Recs;
local string VehicleOptions;
local int i;
local class<SVehicle> v;

Super.FillPlayInfo(PlayInfo);

class'CacheManager'.static.GetVehicleList(Recs);

VehicleOptions = ";";

for (i = 0; i < Recs.Length; i++)
{
v = class<SVehicle>(DynamicLoadObject(Recs[i].ClassName, class'class', false));
if (v != None)
VehicleOptions $= ";" $ Recs[i].ClassName $ ";" $ Recs[i].FriendlyName;
}

PlayInfo.AddSetting(default.RulesGroup, "FactoryVehicleClassName", default.ArenaDisplayText, 0, 1, "Select", VehicleOptions);

return;
}

static event string GetDescriptionText(string PropName)
{
if (PropName == "FactoryVehicleClassName")
return default.ArenaDescText;

return Super.GetDescriptionText(PropName);
}

defaultproperties
{
FactoryVehicleClassName="Onslaught.ONSHoverTank"
ArenaVehicleClassName="Veh.ONSHoverTank"
ArenaDisplayText="Replace this with the Oblivion MMS:"
ArenaDescText="Replace any vehicle with the Oblivion MMS."
GroupName="VehicleArena"
FriendlyName="Oblivion MMS"
Description="Replace any vehicle with the Oblivon MMS."
}

Here's a standard vehiclereplacement script I use.

Eyegore
30th May 2004, 02:21 PM
Here is a link to the latest stuff:

http://www.icosometricdesign.com/ApacheFTP/NApache.zip

Aside from the net play, I think it's pretty well done. It has the new shader, the 50chain gun model and the adjusted code for the homing missile, and Pitch limit in addition to the new lift and strafe force.

Wulff - That is the same code I have, but I think the problem lies with the apache code, not the mutator code, because if I change the apache class to a standard vehicle, it works for net play - any ideas?

BTW - is it kosher to keep posting like this or should we move to PMs or emails? What do you think?

Wulff
30th May 2004, 04:12 PM
Here is a link to the latest stuff:

http://www.icosometricdesign.com/ApacheFTP/NApache.zip

Aside from the net play, I think it's pretty well done. It has the new shader, the 50chain gun model and the adjusted code for the homing missile, and Pitch limit in addition to the new lift and strafe force.

Wulff - That is the same code I have, but I think the problem lies with the apache code, not the mutator code, because if I change the apache class to a standard vehicle, it works for net play - any ideas?

BTW - is it kosher to keep posting like this or should we move to PMs or emails? What do you think?

It is kosher, as this is a help forum for coding, and we be doing that.

Hmm, you sure you added it in the serverpackages "ServerPackages=NApache.u" ?

Eyegore
30th May 2004, 06:11 PM
Actually, no.

Let me try...

Eyegore
30th May 2004, 06:17 PM
YES!!!

That was the ticket!!

But if you have to manually add that to the .ini, would it be necessary to tell the user in the readme that they need to do that, or is there some way to add it in when programmatically?

Thanks for that tip, by the way...

Wulff
30th May 2004, 07:09 PM
YES!!!

That was the ticket!!

But if you have to manually add that to the .ini, would it be necessary to tell the user in the readme that they need to do that, or is there some way to add it in when programmatically?

Thanks for that tip, by the way...

If you distribute it via a regular zip, yes you have to tell it in the readme file, if you distribute it via a UT4Mod, no you don't as it does that automaticly.

Eyegore
30th May 2004, 07:51 PM
Well, given that, then I am going to make a .umod to install and post it tonite for beta-testing.

Thanks mccann and wulff for all your help. I'll post it tonite in the WOD betatesting forums for folks to DL. Perhaps we can set up sometime to try it online before the final release.

Thanks again.

Eyegore
31st May 2004, 12:44 AM
Anyone who's interested in beta testing and providing some crit or ideas, go to this link to download the zip (couldn't get the umod to work...:()

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=1484178#post1484178

If anyone's interested in an online game to test out, send me an email to devlyn@icosometricdesign.com or PM me.

THanks for all the help!!

Ice-Child
31st May 2004, 07:15 AM
I am downloading it now. Soon as its done, I will give it a go, and post back on here in a few hours.

Rob