need help enabling some server options

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

starhammer

May 23, 2004
Quick question for you guys, is it possible to enable the kick player, enable map voting, skip to next map options on a listen server? I can't seem to find these options in the host game setup or in the menu once the game has actually begun. Are these options only available in a dedicated server? I'm new to the game (and to hosting, obviously) so sometimes I just want to host a small game with a few buddies since I get destroyed in most other games I try to join. Will these options be available to me by following the steps in the manual to make a user account for "Match Setup"? Any help is appreciated.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
bear with me, as i dont remember the exact steps i had to take to enable kick/map voting... but i think all you've gotta do is add this big ass chunk of text to the bottom of your UT2004.ini
Code:
[xVoting.xVotingHandler]
VoteTimeLimit=50
ScoreBoardDelay=5
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
MinMapCount=2
MapVoteHistoryType=xVoting.MapVoteHistory_INI
RepeatLimit=4
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bMapVote=True
bKickVote=True
bMatchSetup=False
KickPercent=51
bAnonymousKicking=False
MapListLoaderType=xVoting.DefaultMapListLoader
ServerNumber=1
CurrentGameConfig=1
GameConfig=(GameClass="UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo",Prefix="AS",Acronym="AS",GameName="Assault",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Prefix="ONS",Acronym="ONS",GameName="Onslaught",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="Team DeathMatch",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDoubleDom",Prefix="DOM",Acronym="DOM",GameName="Double Domination",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="Skaarjpack.Invasion",Prefix="DM",Acronym="INV",GameName="Invasion",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="BonusPack.xMutantGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="MUT",GameName="Mutant",Mutators=,Options=)
GameConfig=(GameClass="BonusPack.xLastManStandingGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="LMS",GameName="Last Man Standing",Mutators=,Options=)

If this isnt everything thats needed, search the INAtari Server forum for "map vote," it should cough up a good couple dozen threads about how to enable it.