odd UT2004 glitch...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
When I play online sometimes it brings this message that says "Speed Hack Detectided" (can't spell :eek: ) and won't let you move at all
It never did this before I got the new patch. does anyone know why its doing this?

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
not to mention the server you're on usually begins to lag like hell (for everybody on the server)

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
JonAzz said:
When I play online sometimes it brings this message that says "Speed Hack Detectided" (can't spell :eek: ) and won't let you move at all
It never did this before I got the new patch. does anyone know why its doing this?
This is a common problem with UT2k4 Version 3204. The Speed Hack Detection on the server became more sensitive, and actually in some instances it's a bit too sensitive. If too many false detections occur, the server admin will need to adjust the detection sensitivity to make it less sensitive to avoid these nuisances, although it might result in fewer detections of actual hacks.

Eyaw_Nayr

Mar 13, 2004
www.debian.org
It usually happens to me when I am on a pretty laggy server and I am jumping around alot. This only happened to me before v3204, and hasn't happened since the patch.

atticbat

FragBait
we set up a win2003 server for the newly patched ut2k4 (gamerzunlimited.com) and got hit hard with the 'speed hack detected'

Ruined the fun for sure, watching everyone play while we were frozen in time due to this speed hack.

Turned out to be a server '.ini' setting. Recommended to either adjust the sensitivity (which did not help for us at all) or disable it entirely.

We ended up having to disable it...

Definitely server side.