EvenGround150 for UT2k4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I know some of you are excited for this :) I hope...

It's just recompiled from the same version that I had for 2003.

Attachments

• EvenGround150.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 345
Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Code:
Description:
Makes a few modifications to the way any gametype is played. These are the things it does:

Health:
		Modifiable starting health - DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE MORE THAN 100 HEALTH! Getting hurt and 
			then getting health back will only raise you to 100
		Regen can be turned on in Configure Mutator - at 100% gives you full health for each kill.
	Shield:
		Modifiable starting shield
		If shield is turned on, killing someone while your health is greater than or equal to 100 will 
			recharge 10 shield units up to Starting Shield.
	Adrenaline:
		All removed
		Can be enabled in Configure Mutator
	Powerups:
		All removed
		HealthPacks can be turned on in Configure Mutator
		HealthVials can be turned on from Configure Mutator
        Ammo restocking:
		None:	      Ammo doesn't restock. Once you run out, you are out	
		One Empty:    When one gun is empty it is immediately restocked with ammo
		All Empty:    When all your guns are empty, they are all restocked with ammo (ignores grenades)
		Regenerate:   Regenerates ammo at 1 per (Ammo Rech. Rate) seconds

sorry forgot to include the readme :eek:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's a mutator it doesn't chenge your lives or anything. It gives you options to make what you feel evens things up. Every player starts with all the weapons and the initial stock of ammo. All the other options branch off of that, which are listed in my post above.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
A friend that I play in the office with used this mut in 2k3 all the time, we used it in conjunction with another mutator that would let us set shields and extra health (anything above 100) run down to a clock, ala Quake.

It was a lot of fun, it really made you run around the map alot to stay tanked up, you couldn't stop for very long because in no time you'd be at 100 health and that's it. Plus if you got killed brizz's mutator allowed you to spawn with all weapons.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Shameless bump.

Looking for new feature requests on EvenGround please :)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I totally missed this thread....

I'll discuss it this weekend with my LAN buddies now that we will be playing it regularly. Been playing DM start at 150, with health packs, and ammo pickups, and it's been awesome.

Health packs are enough to get sprees still, and you almost don't need ammo pickups, if you're playing with peers, barring on those sprees.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I reuploaded the file, it now included the ini and txt files. Same version otherwise for now.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
mmmmm.... Multiple Gametypes....

Modifyable starting ammo for each gun would as well be helpful in balancing it in gametypes like CTF, so with ammo pickups, you can still stock your weapons, and don't simply spawn with spammariffic amounts of ammo, leave the option of forcing some one to stock up some a bit vaible. Also for other gametypes, maybe a tick for superweapons.

[edit]Seperate settings per gametype? In theory the hardest part would be designing the GUI to do it how you want, but ini implementation should be pretty easy.[/edit]

[edit2]Just realized there was a similar option to a suggestion I stated, that may not need adding...[/edit]

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Ah, kinda a bug... If you have LtG, and play on a cSR map with ammo pickups opted, cSR ammo should be replaced with LtG ammo.

Also, for other game types, maybe an option to only spawn with the weapons availible on that map. IE: Only Link, cSR, Rox, and Shock on FaceClassic.

[edit]currently if you thow a weapon, it just rids you of it and there's not getting it back without a respawn. Maybe disabling the throwweapon function permanently in the mutator?[/edit]

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Aenubis, a structured list of features via PM like last time would be very appreciated. I should be able to add alot of what you are requesting to the INI very simply, and then we can work on adjusting the GUI to it (needs to be re-written anyways, it's got a bug in it).

edit: Also, anyone can feel free to decompile the code, just PLEASE if you make modifications and release it, keep EvenGround in the name (add whatever else you want to it) and keep my copyright information in the text file.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Cool... yeah, I was editing the hell out of those posts, so they are a little weird, because I was learning stuff about it last night. I didn't know you had an option to turn all the powerups on already, so that kinda was better then another feature I had in mind. As well, if I can figure out a way to change mutator options via command line, gametype profiles may not be needed, if I can manage to not reach a character limit in said command line, or more importantly for my application of it, gameconfig line in the votehandler.

For any excessive list of changes though, it would be needed.

I'm off today, so if I get bored, and none of my friends call me, I may PS up another GUI for you, and it'll prolly be mostly re-worked, possibly with tabs ala-TAM2.5+

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
that's fine, I'm guessing it will need to be tabbed for all of the stuff we should add.

Also, if you think I should make a gametype part of it that excludes brightskins we can work that out.