Tourney Subs Unite!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RebRob

May 17, 2004
While chatting on the IRC, it seems as though there are a plethera of subs willing to play in the tourney (myself included). Perhaps more teams could be added? I'm sure this would cause a major uproar in the whole draft hierarchy and planning, so how about this? A supplemental draft of us subs could be done pretty painlessly. That way, captains would have a pool to choose from rather than be stuck in the lurch. Also, should someone drop out and the captain have to find someone fast, it would eliminate the possibility of being accused of 'bringing in ringers'. The captain would simply choose whomever he/she wanted to from their reserve roster.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

jordanio

Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Well Reb, I thought about this for awhile, and I've decided to expand the draft to one more round (8 more players). The 8 players who will be drafted in this round will be:

1. [LNS]Dead_Metal
2. {NBK}Daft
3. {NBK}Red
4. {NBK}Fleury
5. {NB}RebRob
6. [DW]Mitsurugi
7. {NBK}Lews
8. {NBK}anthraxx

I'm trying to get the draft thing organized, so that I may start this bad boy up as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience :D

WolfmanK

Puppet Master of BBF
Mar 28, 2004
Webster, NY
wolfmank.blogsite.org
So whats the deal... are the games going to be 8 on 8, or still 7 on 7 but each team has a bench slot (so to speak) in case someone can't make it?? no probs either way just trying to get a handle on the rules.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
depending on when the matches are, I could sub. Unless I know the exact times, I'm not dependable.

DJT

Titties!
May 3, 2004
well I'm still up for subbing like I've said in the last few threads about this since there isnt one centralized thread making this a bit easier to follow.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
depending on when the matches are exactly, I might need a sub.

a little off topic here...but I'm so bored at work...I keep coming back to this forum even though I dont feel like reading anymore threads today...

[Shadow]Aksen

=vD=Aksen
Mar 18, 2004
Xaero, I do the same thing.

And yeah, I don't wanna start over with picking teams, because i like mine. But we might have to, so we can spread around the Euro players and bring in more players, perhaps the fabled Eighth Team of the Draft.

Silver Sequence

XMP Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2004
hey, I'm off to shanghai in 5 hours...since the tourny didn't go down yet....someone sub for me. I vote for Maxx or Zaknafein becuase they have some of the coolest names in XMP. In other news, luv to xmp

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
I got a sub for my place, mU said he will take my place when I asked him cause I probably can't do it on weekends

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
In an emergency, I could prolly sub on an ad hoc basis(if I'm around).. BUT I will not commit myself to anything 'til reasonably close to match time(like say an hour or 2). I spend wayy too much time on other things to actually get actively involved in this tourney. You know where to find me(if you don't you're daft[no pun intended :p.])

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
its not a team each teams gets 1 more player and has to choose 1 from that selection of ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.