Arggghhhh!!! Bug when Saving editor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
does anyone know about this bug. I encountered this error whenever I save my map and the editor crashes. Here's the text

Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1001 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS (1240)

Assertion failed: GObjBeginLoadCount==0 [File:.\UnObj.cpp] [Line: 2331]

History: UObject::StaticTick <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Is it crashing with just that map? Or all maps? If it's just with the map you're working on now, simply select everything in the map, copy, new, paste, rebuild, save. That generally fixes most stupid crashes :)

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
CyberSirius said:
Problem is Probably Hardware,Well your computer sucks.
*sigh you're probably right.
oh well, even though the editor crashes it still saves the map, so my rig can still handle Ued :p
now all I need to do is figure out how to make the bots do lift jumps....
*goes and makes new thread

fuel451

May 24, 2004
Having the same issue...

I too am having this issue. I doubt it has anything to do with the system if it worked before the patch was applied. I'm running this system:

Windows XO Pro SP1
Athlon XP 1600
512MB DDR
GeForce4 MX440SE

The problem started happening after the UT patch was applied. Even after I create a basic box room with a player start and build all, UE 3.0 errors out (same error) after the save. Hopefuly someone will have a fix soon.

fuel451

May 24, 2004
Possible solution...

I went to the Atari forums and found a similar issue. Some point fingers at mods. I removed the new Red Orchestra (not too shabby) and hte problem was gone. Also, check your editor.log file in your UT2004\System folder. Hop that helps you.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Definitely has nothing to do with a "crappy computer." I'm having the same trouble, and I'm using a 2.8 P4 with HT, a gig of PC3200, and a 9800 Pro... I don't have Red Orchestra either and haven't installed any mods, only the patch... Guess all that's left is to check the log and probably reinstall if I can't figure it out.

Feb 16, 2004
Same editor crash here :(
Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1531 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (5216)

Assertion failed: GObjBeginLoadCount==0 [File:.\UnObj.cpp] [Line: 2331]

History: UObject::StaticTick <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

xasa

Oct 18, 2003
www.discworldmod.net
Getting same error here, it's the patch. Last night I uninstalled Ut2004 because I thought problem came with mods. Well, after re-install everything worked fine. Now today I installed some new mods and had to update ut2004. And bang, here we go again, editor crashes everytime I save/test.. I quess only working solution now is to uninstall/reinstall and not to patch. Is there any official word on this?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Maybe not official, but I had the problem and fixed it. Check the Editor.log file after you do a save-crash and scroll all the way to the bottom. It'll say something like "Can't find this file: SomeMod.u! Holy poop!!" Now look in your System folder for SomeMod.int and delete it.

xasa

Oct 18, 2003
www.discworldmod.net
yeah, it seems mods are behind this after all.. I searched throught my editor.log files ad found out that editor was trying to locate troopers mod files. some reason it could not find them = crash. I uninstalled troopers and now everything works again. thanks Turns2ashes.

DeVaToX

SAS Mapper
Mar 22, 2002
www.planetunreal.com
epic still should sort this out cuase its a pain in the ass evrything was sweet befor teh patch

what about all the people who work on mods, but still wanna keep up to date with latest epic patchs an stuff, we cant go uninstallin the mod were workin on evrytime we wanna play in the editor

at the moment i have 2 installations of 2k4 on seperate drives one i use for working with and one for playing iam having to do this becuase of that dumb crash evry time u save a map, now i need another hard disk

Last edited: