Mirror editor sacked over hoax

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Looks like those photos were faked after all
Mirror editor sacked over hoax
The Daily Mirror said in a statement that it would be inappropriate for Morgan to continue as editor and acknowledged the damage it had done to the reputation of the British army.

"The Daily Mirror published in good faith photographs which it absolutely believed were genuine images of British soldiers abusing an Iraqi prisoner," the newspaper said.

"However there is now sufficient evidence to suggest that these pictures are fakes and that the Daily Mirror has been the subject of a calculated and malicious hoax. The Daily Mirror therefore apologises unreservedly for publishing the pictures and deeply regrets the reputational damage done to the QLR and the army in Iraq."

-How

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
What galls me is that this wanker dares say ""All I want to say is we published the truth. We have revealed a can of worms. If the government chooses to ignore that, it is entirely a matter for them." even after it's been proved that the pictures were faked.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
What galls me is this ****er will write a book and make a bunch of money. Is it just me but does it seem that if you want to make some fast easy money all you have to do is **** up real bad and write a book about it.

Last edited:

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
man the mirrors gonnna be ****ing wierd without ol' piersey, i wonder if he'll still take regular slots on have i got news for you and whatnot :p