UNREAL ENGINE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
May 14, 2004
hi people well i just would like to know what are the differences beetween unreal runtime,unreal 2003/04 engine as i about to start on a game and was wondering ig unreal runtime is the same as unreal 2003/04 thanks
perfect game studios

May 14, 2004
any code drops or loss of features would be help full are can i use the same features that are availible in unreal 2003/04 engine

Last edited:

GuruKnight

May 7, 2004
As I understand it, the Unreal Engine Runtime can be used to create whatever you want, but you cannot use it to make something that you can distribute to others to play or use without buying the license.

The way to go about making a game and letting others play is by making a mod for UT2004. This can be a whole different game.

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
Compare UT2k3/4 to a finished piece of art..... that happens to come with a box of crayons, some oil pastels, a ruler, a few pencils and a brush or two. It has enormous amounts of content that you play with and add to.

Compare runtime to a blank canvas - oh the sample map would be a sketch in the bottom corner of the canvas. but you do get all the crayons, pencils paints and brushes.. You get the engine, the editor, the fundemental scripts and thats pretty much it.

Runtime is not for the faint hearted, but I would disagree with Solid Snake that it's for those that are already highly skilled at uscripting.. If you stick with modelling and level design, you dont have to know any scripting, and can have beautiful maps. But its not a toy, so you need persistance and skill to get anywhere with it.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Engine/UnrealEngine2Features

Last edited: