directx9 reder

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
on my 9800Pro with the new renderer I can play at 1600x1200 with 2xAF and 2xAA and still get 35+fps.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
yah well I spent $200 on the Samsung 955DF about 6 months ago...it was a rip off because I could have got it for $180 from BestBuy but I didn't know they had it :mad:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
quick question: how does one go about enabling the DX9 renderer? The only options that show in the options are Direct3D and Software, and in the UT2004.ini, it reads as such:

RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

but if you make the d3d9 renderer the renderer, once UT is started, it still only gives d3d and software rendering options, and overwrites d3d in the ini as the renderer... I'll probably try to select it in safe mode or something, and see if that works...

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Deadpool_1-0 said:
quick question: how does one go about enabling the DX9 renderer? The only options that show in the options are Direct3D and Software, and in the UT2004.ini, it reads as such:

RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

but if you make the d3d9 renderer the renderer, once UT is started, it still only gives d3d and software rendering options, and overwrites d3d in the ini as the renderer... I'll probably try to select it in safe mode or something, and see if that works...
When you change the INI to read as follows, the renderer is already set to D3d9. However, it will never show up in the Options screen; D3d and Software are the only two that will ever show up there. If you really wanna see that it used the D3d9 renderer, type "showlog" in the console and look in the log entries; somewhere there will be a reference to the D3d9 renderer.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
Even on just a 1ghz puter with a GF4 it seems to run a LOT faster for me online aswell as offline and the only drawback sofar are a few visual problems. (U-Damage transparent bits shown blackish and similar stuff)

Lise

Being a girl makes you kick more arse.
Mar 16, 2004
Remember, to really reap the benefits of the DX9 renderer, you need to have at least a Radeon 9500 or better, or a GeForce 5600 or better. Older hardware doesn't have the features necessary to use the renderer right, and your performance will in fact be funky if you use it.