Aligning Weapons...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KSQUiD

May 14, 2004
I've been fighting with UnrealEd and it's stupid way of aligning Weapons. i want to know if theres a easier way then having to make adjustments, load unreal, re-adjust... etc...etc... Also why do you need to align the weapons upside down?

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Open up Ued and open your weapon in the anim browser - you can edit the positioning of the weapon here, then use those figures for your code, so give it some general tweakage and see how it looks in game, then just tweak it from there. Only 3rd-person meshes need to be upside down, and it's just one of those strange things that no-one seems to know the reason for :) You can import them up the right way if you want, but you'd have to give the attachment class a RelativeLocationOffset and RelativePositionOffset in the defaults. Have a look at the AssaultAttachment class for details.

Evil_J

Mar 4, 2004
Adding a Hand in ut2004..??

Voodoo_180 said:
Do you mean aligning a custom weapon in the 1st person view in game? ie making it (look like) its being held in the hand?

Would any of you guys would know how to add a human hand in the first person view, to which i can later on attach my weapons or items. Just like the ones you see in CounterStrike, were you can see the whole arm and hand holding the weapon.
Any pointers, which scripts or classes i need to be looking at or any examples......

Cheers

Evil_J said:
Would any of you guys would know how to add a human hand in the first person view, to which i can later on attach my weapons or items. Just like the ones you see in CounterStrike, were you can see the whole arm and hand holding the weapon.
Any pointers, which scripts or classes i need to be looking at or any examples......

Cheers
I assume Radiosity answered your first question, as for hands, they have to be part of the model you export, so you have to model or get the hand and add it to your weapon model, then animate as you wish, if that makes sense!

KSQUiD

May 14, 2004
I've mainly battled with the 3rd person, it was mainly the fact that i had to add my own bones that find the right position for that bone set, that was the main problem but now that i have gotten the first one done, and i now know the right X,Y, and Z transitions, and rotation... it's a good thing i dont have to figure it out again... what a nightmare. :eek: ...