Patch 3204 - Report your bugs here!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SuperGoop

Mar 26, 2004
ONSLAUGHT:

The Core energy is no longer displayed properly. Maybe the server needs to be running the same patch. But I thought this patch was supposed to be backwards compatible.

The core energy tends to overstate for BOTH teams. On one game, my screen showed the core at 95%, while my teammates said it is only 21%!!!

Any other bugs you noticed?

SuperGoop

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
SuperGoop said:
ONSLAUGHT:

The Core energy is no longer displayed properly. Maybe the server needs to be running the same patch. But I thought this patch was supposed to be backwards compatible.

The core energy tends to overstate for BOTH teams. On one game, my screen showed the core at 95%, while my teammates said it is only 21%!!!

SuperGoop
D3D9 renderer not yet perfect, the 3rd person view of the Shock Rifle has corrupt textures.

Also reported is that the online gameplay crack doesn't work :D

pikach00

MuShRoOm,MuShRoOm!!!11!
May 10, 2004
Kenia, not Norway of course!
d3d9 renderer has serious issues with my msi-geforceFX5950 Ultra... strange texturing failures and so on... especially waterfalls and stuff like that look awful sometimes (this doesnt always happen, i experienced it 3 or 4 times)

EPIC PLS FIX!!!

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
SuperGoop said:
ONSLAUGHT:

SuperGoop
If it's on an unpatched server, you're gonna get the bugs from the old version regardless of what you have. :p

SuperGoop

Mar 26, 2004
JohnDoe641 said:
If it's on an unpatched server, you're gonna get the bugs from the old version regardless of what you have. :p
I have not yet encountered the core energy bug in the OLD version. This patch is supposed to be backwards compatible, but this core energy bug is NEW to this patch.

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
It happened to me while on an official Atari server; so you'd expect the server to be patched.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
It messesd up my custom crosshairs.
Now it was easy to get them back. Just change back the number for the cross.

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
Yeah, I was playing a game last night with HuggyBear and both Power Core meters were broken. I'm surprised that a big like this could make it into an official patch. disappointing.

Element

Clan .::Hard 2 Kill::.
May 6, 2004
Orlando, FL
www.hondacrxsi.com
On my clan server running linux, with the patch as I am told by our admin. We get in, start the AntiTcc Verify process get finished successfully then get booted. Sometimes, 4 of us get in, game starts we get going someone gets killed and out of the blue 2 people or more get booted, and its random on who it is.

We are all pretty sure we are gonna just reinstall 2k4 and have the server redone today/tonight. It's not worth the headache to me to play and then get booted whenever it "thinks" something is wrong.

SuperGoop

Mar 26, 2004
Stigmata said:
Yeah, I was playing a game last night with HuggyBear and both Power Core meters were broken. I'm surprised that a big like this could make it into an official patch. disappointing.
Yeah, I agree with you... I caught this bug within 10 mins of playing ONS, and is repeatable in every ONS game! How could they have missed it. Don't get me wrong, I am still very appreciative of their excellent work overall.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
I too saw the powercore display bug, but I was wondering if it had something to do with playing on an unpatched server - I didn't look to see, though.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I can't run the game :(

Atrocity

A.K.A. 'Celsius' via UT2K4
No in-game problems to report... however network problems are another matter:

1. Just like before, no matter what I do, I will get NO servers shown in the master server section, for any game type.

2. Any games joined via 'quickplay', I get disconnected from, and all my favorites oddly have not updated to the latest version.

I think part of my problem is from the patch, and the other is a string of bad luck... I dunno.

[Ci]Mazza

Trigger Me Baby!
Mar 5, 2000
England
Visit site
I've had the core energy bug in a few games. It's been displaying the level of the enemy core for both teams and decreasing them both when my team damages their core.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
I cannot select my team mates manually... it crashes badly, and i cannot do anything... note i have some extra models... namelly these ones...
http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=models&action=show_infos&id=364
the node runner
and various other models, like the gorge model( 2d 3d model)

here is my error message...
Code:
UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1839 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200  (5664)

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

History: FMallocWindows::Malloc <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 2AB00000 520368098 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 260184049*2 <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (UT2K4SPTab_TeamManagement Package.UT2K4SPTab_TeamManagement, Function GUI2K4.UT2K4SPTab_TeamManagement.onTeamOnClick) <- UObject::ProcessDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIButton Package.GUIButton) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

and i have 4+ gigs of hard drive space...

Last edited:

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Element said:
On my clan server running linux, with the patch as I am told by our admin. We get in, start the AntiTcc Verify process get finished successfully then get booted. Sometimes, 4 of us get in, game starts we get going someone gets killed and out of the blue 2 people or more get booted, and its random on who it is.

This happens to me, too. :/

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
I cannot select my team mates manually... it crashes badly, and i cannot do anything... note i have some extra models... namelly these ones...

This happened to me before the patch. For the single player ladder, I have had to put all my custom bot .upl files in a temporary folder. I've found no other solution, or why some bots are added to the single player team selection while others aren't.

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
With mapvote. YAY, you can now admin it from the webadmin. However, when you activate it in FFA DM, the map that wins the vote always switches the game over to TDM. Had to turn it off. I checked the Web interface and it was set to default and stay on the same gametype.