PDA

View Full Version : Note re. patch v3204

klasnic
13th May 2004, 05:57 PM
Just a word about the new patch for 2k4. Anyone using custom models or skins should be aware that this patch overwrites xplayers.int

What does this mean? It means you'll lose every bio for every custom skin/model you have installed. Aargh I'm mad :mad: Epic cretins :lol:

I'm off to edit the damn thing again... xplayers xplayers xplayers... does not compute... system malfunction this is Klasnic shutting down!

_MAGGOT_
13th May 2004, 06:11 PM
I have all of 5 skins installed anyways. lol

BabyEater
13th May 2004, 06:19 PM
AArrrgh! This is a potshot at people like us with not enough to do!

=NS= Spectre
13th May 2004, 07:17 PM
This may be a dumb question, but can't we just save our old xplayers data for custom models, and paste it back in the new one?? :(

klasnic
13th May 2004, 08:52 PM
:lol: _maggot_ There's always someone. BabyEater I gotta agree. What made me mad was there was nothing in the readme or anything about it doing that. Spectre yes you can do that copy & paste. It was too late for me as I only discovered the entries were gone afterwards but I'm back to normal now with two more grey hairs :lol:

]|M|[_-Seven-_]
14th May 2004, 08:19 AM
Just a word about the new patch for 2k4. Anyone using custom models or skins should be aware that this patch overwrites xplayers.int

Lol, i thought u should have known this by now.:)
I mean when did patches not overwrite these?..:-)

klasnic
14th May 2004, 11:12 AM
Ach my point was that they should have given warning or just edited the file. Or better still backup what they replaced. I had 2k3 and all it's patches installed long before I got skinning and editing xplayers so I didn't expect it. I'll know in future.

I got really annoyed because I had entries for a lot of players I never released and hadn't them backed up so I've lost them completely. I know it's nothing major and I'll survive :) At least I don't need the damn dvd in now :tup:

_MAGGOT_
14th May 2004, 12:16 PM
where can i get the patch, I dont see it on the ut site?

MAGGOT

SaD
14th May 2004, 12:40 PM
where can i get the patch, I dont see it on the ut site?

Patch 3204 (http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/official/ut2004/ut2004-winpatch3204.exe)

shadow_dragon
15th May 2004, 04:45 PM
I can never be bothered with the xplayer file anymore in honesty, it's jsut ac hore, it's a shame the info couldn't be stored in seperate .int's or in the .upl! And trust me i've tried everything i can think of! It's wierd how it can read the address for xplayers but if you create a new file and change the address tot aht it doesn't understand! It could be done......... i'm fairly certain! Simple mutator for someone with coding knowledge i'd imagine!

Hide
15th May 2004, 10:50 PM
Although I forgot where I found this information, in UT2004, Bio can be directly written into ".upl".

For example,

Player=(DefaultName="Lippy",Race="CAT",Mesh=CatsAnim2k4.Cats,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,
Skeleton=CatsAnim2k4.Skeleton_Cats,Ragdoll=Alien,
BodySkin=LionAndHyena.LionBodyShader,FaceSkin=LionAndHyena.LionFace,Portrait=LionAndHyena.LionPort,
Text="Name: Lippy|Age: 21|Race: CAT|Data:|Her name is the same name as the famous pair of a lion and a hyena.|However there is especially no relation.",Sex=Female,Menu="SP",BotUse=1)

I decided to put Bio into ".upl" from now on.

BabyEater
16th May 2004, 11:14 AM
whoah, if that works, so will I.

shadow_dragon
16th May 2004, 09:43 PM
You know i tihnk it might be the speechmarks that make the difference! never though of using them before!

_MAGGOT_
16th May 2004, 09:53 PM
Has anyone noticed any mutators missing from the mut list after installing the patch? I'm trying to figure out if thats why Weaponstuff isn't showing up....

MAGGOT

Hunter
17th May 2004, 05:01 AM
how hard is it just to install the skins again?

SaD
17th May 2004, 06:34 AM
how hard is it just to install the skins again?

It shouldnīt be that hard , but a lot of copy and paste to the xplayers.int , if you have lots of skins installed.The easy way is , if you have the skin s in .umod-format .Doubleclick , install and done.

klasnic
19th May 2004, 10:44 AM
It shouldnīt be that hard , but a lot of copy and paste to the xplayers.int , if you have lots of skins installed.The easy way is , if you have the skin s in .umod-format .Doubleclick , install and done.

:lol: now you know why I love my umods, SaD :tup:

The mutators question, _Maggot_ I believe is cause by the mutators not being compatible with the patch. Some like AntiTCC have been updated. Others need to be updated as far as I know. You may need to install again the mut again as I'm sure other int or ini files were overwritten by the patch. If that doesn't work, emailing the author is the best bet

SaD
19th May 2004, 01:28 PM
:lol: now you know why I love my umods, SaD :tup:

HeHe :D .
Itīs a good thing , if you install the skins you want.I get way too much skins , to install them longer then 2 hours (most of them , some are always installed) . Thatīs the reason why I use the umod-browser.Itīs easier for me and I have total control what I install :lol: .

klasnic
19th May 2004, 02:05 PM
Two hours :eek: and :lol: I wondered if you ever actually got a chance to use 'em. I'm pretty picky bout what I'll keep too. I look at most but I've only a few custom models and a few skins by other ppl... Keeps things running smoothly!

Then again, umods are great if a skins crap cause you can goto Control Panel and just un-install it :)

Slaughter
19th May 2004, 02:33 PM
@Sad

May we know your favs? :lol:

SaD
19th May 2004, 05:05 PM
@Sad

May we know your favs? :lol:

Here are some of my favīs .

Unreal Tournament : Binky , Spacemarine40k , Abbey , Rumiko , Bangdoll , Rollergirl.

UT2003/04 : Marygold , Kanika II , Freekīs Necrisskins , Angel Interceptor , Neofin , Exoslave , Animatrix Juec , Clone Soldier from Troopers , Raptormodel by Slyrr , QUONDAM UNIT , The Olympians , Harbinger SP .

And many more , but thatīs changing from time to time :D

frosty
20th May 2004, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up Sad on UT03 favs, I only have effigy neofin and exoslave now. and the 40K

SaD
20th May 2004, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up Sad on UT03 favs, I only have effigy neofin and exoslave now. and the 40K

Thanx for mentioning Effigy . I forgot this excellent model :D
I like the UT 40k much more.The UT2003-One looks a bit cartoonish for me .

klasnic
20th May 2004, 06:27 PM
There's a newer Effigy available :eek: I'm off to find it now (that one passed me by) :)