PDA

View Full Version : cool stuff

Lilguy
12th May 2004, 12:27 PM
Hey guys, those screenshots look very cool! can't wait to try out the mod. One peice of friendly advice: I believe the character model you've taken from the "example pawns" section of the udn site was released for the runtime version of the engine. Anything released under that is meant for non-gaming purposes only. Of course, Epic would probably be OK with you using it in your mod, but you might want to shoot an email over to them to make sure. Just a heads up :)
keep up the good work,
Lilguy

Mix
12th May 2004, 01:01 PM
It is the UDN example model, which is also used in Air Buccaneers. It's a stopgap solution to our lack of artisitic resources at the moment, but hopefully soon we'll have new custom models.

Lilguy
13th May 2004, 05:56 PM
It is the UDN example model, which is also used in Air Buccaneers. It's a stopgap solution to our lack of artisitic resources at the moment, but hopefully soon we'll have new custom models.

Why not use the standard ut models? I think it'd be cool to use mr crow or something like that--Give it a touch of unreal.

master_newbie
14th May 2004, 09:43 AM
yes playing as the ut2004 characters would rock :-)

and please release a small patch to make it compatible with 3204 :B

Mix
14th May 2004, 12:09 PM
Is it not working with the new patch? I tested it yesterday and it worked as is....

W0RF
14th May 2004, 01:02 PM
No. I got the same GUI error fault everyone with the beta patches were getting, I had to reinstall 2k4.

Mix
14th May 2004, 04:20 PM
it's probably an ini issue. for for anyone else with the problem, before you reinstall everything, try to delete the Duffers.ini and DuffersUser.ini from your /UT2004/Duffers/System dir.

master_newbie
15th May 2004, 05:32 AM
I deleted the inis but I still get the same error :(

(and I will not reinstall ut2004 :mad: )

A_Rimmerlister
17th May 2004, 09:13 AM
It's working fine for me with the new patch.