Get the Clone Bandits Beta!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hottoast

Art Worker
Hey Folks,

I know a bunch of you are excited about Clone Bandits, and trust me - we hear you! We'd like to try to get the early beta of CB into your hands as soon as we can, so we've devised a clever plan: if you sign up for the mailing list on the main Clone Bandits site, then we'll send you a username and password for the download. Good deal, huh?

Go to this page to get to the mailing list signup, it's right on the left side of the page.

http://www.demiurgestudios.com/CloneBandits/download.htm

We'll try to get it to you ASAP - Unfortunately, because of E3, we might not be able to get this out to you this week, but within the next couple of weeks, for sure.

Cheers,
Tom

Zaigou

Jan 10, 2004
i did sign up but no user name and password arived at my mail box yet (waiting for that mail half a day now) so please help! i want to try it out bad:)

hottoast

Art Worker
The Goods

Ok. You asked for it, here it is:

Everyone on the mailing lists right now will get the beta - Yeah!! We're going to have a playtest tomorrow night here at Demiurge Studios, starting 8pm eastern time. You are all welcome to join in, either before or after that time. There should be bots on the server, so even if people aren't around, you can get a feel for the flavor of the mod.

We will be distributing the username and password to download the mod later tonight. We'll also try to get any stragglers at some point tomorrow, so that if you missed getting on the mailing list tonight, you can still play.

When you get your username/password, download and install the mod from the following link:

Download Page

We weren't planning on doing this test this early, but the positive support (and the large amount of signups on the mailing lists) convinced us that an early rollout was a good idea. We come from the player community, we're big supporters of the player community, and we are very pleased to have the chance to give something back to it.

Have fun with the mod!

Cheers,
Tom

p.s. - Please, keep in mind that this is a BETA version of the mod. It's not ready for the mass market - there are still issues with it, both on the code and art sides. We know this. We also know that only the hardcore read the forums, and that you guys can handle the concept of an early beta. We'll appreciate whatever feedback and suggestions you guys have, just post to the appropriate forum board. Thanks!

[GU]Opcode

May 11, 2004
We have a beta testing server at Gamerzunlimited.com. We would like to give Clone Bandits a try. :)

commander_keen1

May 11, 2004
at first glance i thought this gametype was going to be a slightly moded Onslaught. im happy to say im wrong :D , the only simularities between them is that the include vehicles and they are set in large out door environments. the gametype is extremely fun and well thhought out. the vehicles where extremely nice, very good modeling/texturing. the map was great (just wish there was more) i love the theme of the mod, its cartoony, but also has realism. i imagen you are going to add custom charecters, weapons, more vehicles, and cool additions to gameplay and the current gametype (and maybe more gametypes?).

also what are your guys plans for this mod? are you thinking about getting a publisher and publishing it as a retail (console?) game?

this is a VERY good start to what could be a VERY fun game.

hottoast

Art Worker
First of all, we're happy you like Clone Bandits! We've put a lot of thought and effort into the design and production, and had a lot of bitter fights here over what the Best Choice was for innumerable options.

Yes, we're planning lots of new additions for the mod. We haven't made final design decisions on a lot of things, so I can't be too specific here. Also, would you really want the surprise spoiled? :)

Finally, we would love to bring this to the retail market, but there are no concrete plans to do so at this time. Maybe if a thousand people all called a publisher, and demanded that it be released. But as of now, no plans.

Cheers,
Tom

grenzelem

May 12, 2004
i just found this mod, i'm VERY interested :)
can i still get a username/password? (i have signed up for the mailing list)

grenzelem

May 12, 2004
just played with bots a little...

man...this mod rocks! 8)

looks good, feels good and it's FAST :)

can't wait for more maps...(vehicles, maybe even weapons or charactermodels ;))

Zaigou

Jan 10, 2004
Yiha got it thanks!

the mod has a realy good atmosphere, nice music too:) gameplay is fun the concept is good. I realy enjoyed the map.

as said in the other posts characters that fit to the theme would be realy great and some weird weapons (a flamingo launcher? maybe a weapon that makes the player back a clone jar again)

blueness

May 13, 2004
the "outback" of new england
I'm very curious too. The boonies of the northeast, are fairly far from the Nvidia booth, so I signed up for the mailing list instead. I'll look forward to receiving a name and pass so I can check out your work.
Thanks!

BOBO BADD

Angry Clown
May 13, 2004
Vanc. B.C. Canada
From what i've read regarding this mod i'd say this is going to take alot of people away from the other gametypes and mods being offered for UT2004.Look forward to trying this mod.

Carbohydrates

May 10, 2004
I, too, signed up a few days ago for the mailing list and am very interested in playing this mod, may I please have a user/pass to download it?
Carbohydrates at Comcast.net (no spaces, @)

hottoast

Art Worker
Carbohydrates said:
I, too, signed up a few days ago for the mailing list and am very interested in playing this mod, may I please have a user/pass to download it?
Carbohydrates at Comcast.net (no spaces, @)

Hey everyone,

Sorry we haven't been immediate in our responses here. We appreciate your continuing interest in the mod, and will certainly get you a beta password soon. We have been waiting until enough people sign up to warrant a mass-mail from us, since sending out the beta and password information takes some time out of our day. I'll see if we can do one today or tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tom

Erde12

May 18, 2004
how username and the Password to keep more download the mod ?

can one send me the password and the user name? thanks

PS:Im French

WOW. Thnx and well done. SUPER COOL MOD!!!!!! Great work. ----> Yes

Jason[Demiurge]

Level Designer
Merci beaucoup Erde! Tu as besoin d'aller à notre website ici:

http://www.demiurgestudios.com/CloneBandits/download.htm

Et dans la boite grise vers la gauche, entres dand ton email et cliques le bouton de "Submit." Puis, nous t'enverrons l'username et le mot de passe pour le version beta. It est plus facile à envoyer beacoup des email au même fois.

PS: Je suis Américain ; )

Last edited: