spawning vehicles?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

strangelet

May 13, 2004
some kind of Vehicle Replacement Mutator with one-to one mappings for each UT vehicle to an UnWheel vehicle would be sweet.

also a vehicle List to cycle thru as they spawn would be cool, mb with a random setting

of course if you're going to get the vehicles in fighting gametypes, you're gonna want some guns on em... a passenger seat would be cool - a la halo

EntityX

May 24, 2004
yeah you can summon any of the cars and they work!

:eek: summon them using the console or a key bind ;)

example:

summon UnWheelVehicles.UWSeeker

There's a major problem with them though they lock up the game upon being destroyed. :eek: SUCKS! :mad: So, basically you get to drive around until you get shot too many times and then game crashes when the car should explode. :(

I hope they fix this because the cars are sweet to drive around in onslaught even if all you can do is run people down LOL :lol:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
thats cuz unwheel is a peaceful gametype and the vehicles never need to explode... what is this world coming to, everything only seems to be fun only if it can be destroyed... how violent... seesh...

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
carmatic said:
thats cuz unwheel is a peaceful gametype and the vehicles never need to explode... what is this world coming to, everything only seems to be fun only if it can be destroyed... how violent... seesh...

LOL

EntityX

May 24, 2004
Ok...

carmatic said:
:rolleyes:

:eek: I understand your point, but here's mine. ;) I just want a little extra enjoyment from being able to pimp my favorite ride around in onslaught. Which cannot be done unless the cars are either invincible or can be destroyed in that and any other non-unwheel gamemode.

BTW, if the designers didn't want any (*gasp) violence or for that matter the minor ability to destroy the cars then why even call it "UnWheel" shouldn't it just be "Wheel." Just a thought.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
i think the 'un' in there refers to the engine that the mod is based on, unreal

and oh hmm then if the cars are going to be onslaught compatible, maybe it can go into a new gametype or something... it would be abit abstract, but it might be able to work...

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
carmatic said:
i think the 'un' in there refers to the engine that the mod is based on, unreal

and oh hmm then if the cars are going to be onslaught compatible, maybe it can go into a new gametype or something... it would be abit abstract, but it might be able to work...

what like "node runner" meh it may work. I gotta get my plans for "Knockout" to a coder to try and make the gametpye (a bit like Last Man Standing, if you hit a UWOutOfBounds volume the you're out of the game)

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
but involves running people over... remember, thats the important bit... unwheel isnt violent enough as it is

like maybe we got 2 teams of people, one as cars, one as normal people on foot... the cars race from node to node 'roamer' style, and people spawn at the node that the cars are supposed to reach, and when they get run over they die and wait for all the people to die before spawning at the next node , then all the cars race to that node and try to run over everyone.... the catch is the people are armed , maybe... and with avrils and whatnot , the winners can be determined by... hm... for the car team , running the most people over , or the last one still alive cuz the cars dont respawn in this gametype... and for the people team, maybe it can count as the total time they spend alive, or the number of cars they destroyed... hmm...