the Windows key!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
I just switched from Windows ME to Windows XP.
Most of the stuff went over fine, well bearable. But there's one thing that's getting on my nerves. The Windows key! In good old ME, I could use the Windows key in the game without getting switched to the desktop. Now, in all it's greatness, Windows XP will throw my game aside and show me the stupid Start Menu during the middle of a firefight, just because I want to use that key between ctrl and alt.
I'm not asking why, or saying it is a good thing or not. I just want it the way it was. Is there anyway to fix that in XP?

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
yes i did google right after my post, I was like "oops I did it again"
found the registry solution, which disable the winkey completely, no one can use it during any time.
The better solution is using a program. I found one that lets me use the winkey in the game without bringing up the start menu (losing focus to the game). Free. http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml
They even have an illustration of the alternative that swiftp suggested.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
For windows 2005, micro$oft is going to make every keyboard manufacturer put a green "$" key next to the windows key. This is so you can easily show your love of micro$oft products and instantly debt your account(s) $100,000 each time you hit the key. The media is raving this as the biggest hit since the first Matrix movie and an all time new high for micro$oft R & D.

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
Dragon_Myr said:
For windows 2005, micro$oft is going to make every keyboard manufacturer put a green "$" key next to the windows key. This is so you can easily show your love of micro$oft products and instantly debt your account(s) $100,000 each time you hit the key. The media is raving this as the biggest hit since the first Matrix movie and an all time new high for micro$oft R & D.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.