Uber Argh!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aceres

May 7, 2004
For some reason i never did understand how to install ut2mod things...please explaineth.. :(

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
First a little note: .UT2MOD files are for UT2k3; they won't work (not immediately, at least) with UT2k4.

That said, if you need to install a .UT2MOD file, all you have to do is double-click on it, and UT2k3's Setup program should take over. If that doesn't work, move the .UT2MOD file to the UT2003\System folder. Then open a Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> command). At the prompt, first type c:, then cd\ut2003\system. After that, type setup install name.ut2mod where name is the name of the .UT2MOD file.

Welcome to BeyondUnreal™ forums!

Gothik

Day Tripper
Jun 8, 2000
UK
Visit site
Change the extension to .UT4MOD It should then install when you double-click on it. I had to do the same thing myself when installing a new skin for UT2004.

Gothik

Day Tripper
Jun 8, 2000
UK
Visit site
ut4wikichici said:
well my ut4mod installer aint working how i make .ut4mod files work wit it
Check that you have UT4MOD as a registered file type. Open Windows Explorer->Tools->Folder Options and click on the file types tab. Give it a moment to load up and then scroll down the list. You should find three entries for UT2004, UT2 (UT2004 Map), UT2LINK (UT2004 Link) & UT4MOD (UT2004 Module).

If it's there, congratulations your UT4MODs should just open and install when you double click on them. If it's there and they aren't, click on the UT4MOD type and it should give you a short description (Opens with setup).

If it's not there, you'll have to add it. Still under the file types tab click "new", it will pop up a box asking for the file type, enter it. It will add the file to the list. Now click on the file type you have just added and click "advanced". A new box will open, where you can choose the icon for your filetype and add a description for it.

For description say "UT2004 Module", then click the "new" button underneath, another new window will open called "New Action", in this Window for action add "Install this UT2004 Module" For "Application used to perform this action" hit the browse button and search for setup.exe in your UT2004/System Folder. Once this is pointing to setup add to the line so it reads C:\UT2004\System\Setup.exe install "%1" (Assuming C: to be drive you installed to, all you reall should need to do is add the "%1" to the end of the line.). OK everything and that should be that. You're UT4MODS should install OK now. If they still aren't check that you've got all the details correct.

ut4wikichici

May 8, 2004
aus,nsw
YAHOO THX MAN UR A LIFE SAVER **** I COULD KISS YOU (lol im only joking im just really happy) THX THATS ALL I NEEDED THANKYOU HEAPS and thanks all u other fellas btw. i got a whole dvd full of map toturials so there will be some new maps not long from now :D cyas all

Hunter-X

May 27, 2004
I also have trouble with UT4MOD files in a different way. I have the latest version of UT2004 installed (version 3204), and the problem occurs in the installation after I pick the destination folder that UT2004 is in (which is C:/UT2004), saying this...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"[This mod] requires UT2004 to be installed in the folder first. Please locate the existing folder for UT2004, or exit and install it now.

You can click on the web link below for product information.

Product required
Product: UT2004
Version: 3186
Developer: Epic Games, Inc.

Ok"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DO have UT2004 installed into my hard drive, and I have the latest version installed as well. I have a feeling that the installation is not recognizing the latest version I have installed. I tried doing what Gothik said, but it still dosn't recognize. What must I do?

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
If it can't find the correct location of your UT2k4-install to begin with then either your pc is missing a few registry-entries and/or the umod you're trying to install is broken.

btw :
for installing skins & characters for UT2k4 regardless of format you could use Botmanager v3.0.2.0 (out now ! get it while it's hot ... *eh* you get the idea ;))

Hunter-X

May 27, 2004
I found the solution to my problem

Hunter-X said:
I also have trouble with UT4MOD files in a different way. I have the latest version of UT2004 installed (version 3204), ...

I don't know what was the problem, but I found the solution to my problem by simply reinstalling the program (I was okay with that). That way it brought everything back to normal, and my UT4MOD installations work.

Reinstallation is usually a last resort, but I believe it is recommended if all else fails.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Wow... you guys go through so much trouble to associate a UT4umod...

To associate Umods and to make them work simply double click it... when the little window comes up asking what program to open it with simply click the option so you can choose which program yourself... then browse to you UT2004>System folder and click the "Setup.exe" file in there...

Ta-daaaa! Umods are now associated with 2k4 and are ready to go!

Last edited: