Question about UTcomp

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Ok this one sort of baffles me. It has colored letters, hitsounds and some brighter skins. To those who use this thing, i ask you this simple question. Why do you want UT2k4 to be just like quake 3. I seem to be missing something here i guess. Did quake 3 really have this much of an impact on people that they want every game to be like this or what. Must have explanation or i shall pop.

allanon103

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:
Ok this one sort of baffles me. It has colored letters, hitsounds and some brighter skins. To those who use this thing, i ask you this simple question. Why do you want UT2k4 to be just like quake 3. I seem to be missing something here i guess. Did quake 3 really have this much of an impact on people that they want every game to be like this or what. Must have explanation or i shall pop.
pop?:lol:

as to the UTcomp u talk about, i've never seen it....maybe people just like to be different by having colored names? i really don't kno....but i think other games had the colored names thing; i believe xmp did (but i only played the demo). And the brightskins thing, i've seen people wanting brighter skins ( i think there's a thread about that over here at BuF) so it's not surprising people will get something which will fulfill their desires.....

m0nk

May 3, 2004
Did people like Quake 3? Sorry, I was under the impression that Quake 3 was one of the best FPS games ever made. My game has always been UT though.

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I don't mind hitsounds and coloured names too much, but the UTComp brightskins should be a dictionary definition for "ugly". :)

The CPL tournament will use UTComp, including the brightskins. Whoever reached the latter decision should make public which drugs he was on, lest we find out later. ;)

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
UTcomp copies Q3 mods because they have some great ideas. The only thing stock Q3 had that is now in UTcomp is hitsounds. Not that it has anything to do with UTcomp, but m0nk and Saito are right, Q3 is a great game. More people still play it than UT2004, which should tell you something.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:

Wtf, like all that seperates these games is Coloured Letters, hitsounds and Brightskins. :nag:
Why they want it? To get better scores and make more kills.

m0nk

May 3, 2004
_Zd_Bee_ said:
Why they want it? To get better scores and make more kills.

How do we get more kills if everyone has the same tools as everyone else? Yeah, Brightskins enable me to kill more of people that have the same brightskins as me.... :rolleyes: