Research and Development

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
One or two of you might remember, from like... a freakin year or two ago, that i was working on a S&I port for 2k3. Well, after getting discouraged at the lack of interested mapper(s), i lost interest and just dropped it. In my infinite wisdom though, ive kept its source fully intact, through two reformats and a new computer. After giving it a good once over, i realized that ... i really sucked back in the day, and i started making changes. Optimize this, remove that, add a little here. Sadly though, i remember having lots of 'what was i doing that for?' problems when i first wrote it. So i decided that instead of going with the old base, id restart.
So far, so good.
In one nights time ive revamped quite a bit of it. Instead of running most of the research logic in the TeamInfo timer, ive moved it to a dedicated 'research only' actor... which not only un-confuses me, but it makes things MUCH more readable and will most likely cut down on some of the weird endgame lag (kang and reg, you two were there. I was connected via the LAN and i was getting 100+ ping, cant possibly imagine how bad it got for you guys :p)
This thread is here for two reasons. 1) To remind myself that ive got two projects currently in the works, no more. 2) To keep me from going overboard with the customization crap i tried the first time. It was nice in theory, but it ended up being about 1200 extra lines that wouldnt have been used by anyone other than myself anyway.
Hell, maybe this time i'll pick up a mapper and convince the S&I guys to let me use the name ;)

Last edited:

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Ok, hit the first milestone. Compiled it once! Nothing works, but thats perfectly fine. I only wrote enough so itd compile. Now ive got a set of actors to stick into a map, so ill actually have something to test this beast on :p

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
EvilDrWong said:
Ok, hit the first milestone. Compiled it once! Nothing works, but thats perfectly fine. I only wrote enough so itd compile. Now ive got a set of actors to stick into a map, so ill actually have something to test this beast on :p

When can we expect a beta?