PDA

View Full Version : Tanky tank tank !

NATO_chrisjm
1st May 2004, 11:17 AM
Tanky tank tank !

This is a base design for a UT 2k4 tank. In 3Dmax 6.

I will be adding a turret soonish and possibly some side turrets if someone can tell me if they could be made to work, I'm thinking have 3 seats, one main gun +driver, and then 1 on eather side gun.

[UPDATE]

NATO_chrisjm
2nd May 2004, 05:03 PM
UPDATE

[SAS]Solid Snake
2nd May 2004, 06:14 PM
Pictures = Cool :) It looks very cool.

NATO_chrisjm
3rd May 2004, 02:50 PM
Thankies ^^

Anyone up for skinning this ?

JonAzz
3rd May 2004, 03:00 PM
heh, skinning...... :rolleyes:

looks very nice :) poly count? ;)

NATO_chrisjm
3rd May 2004, 03:55 PM
2826 Ploys / Triagles.

Fordy
3rd May 2004, 04:42 PM
Nice tank but that sig pic is way too big, wondered what wad holding up the pictures displaying :(

hottoast
5th May 2004, 10:43 AM
The general design of the tank is good, but you might want to consider re-balancing where you are spending your polygons. 2.9K seems a bit high for what the picture is showing.

You may want to spend fewer on making those gun barrels perfectly round, and more on beveling those edges on the main body, for example. Keep at it though, the proportions aren't bad on the tank. You might consider trying to model a new tank off of photo source, the one you've done looks just a bit too much like the standard 2k4 one for my tastes.

Cheers,
Tom

NATO_chrisjm
5th May 2004, 11:19 AM
That was the general idea, I want it to fit in with the rest of the game, I hope to skin it in much the same way.

Voodoo_180
8th May 2004, 04:02 PM
:tup::cool: That is a niiice looking tank :)

JonAzz
8th May 2004, 04:35 PM
It would look great with a kick ass skin I bet... hey Nato, If you get a skin for It I can get it boned and coded then use it in my upcomming ONS map. :)

NATO_chrisjm
8th May 2004, 05:39 PM
I've been trying to get hold of Evilmonkey, and ask him to do it ... But he's MIA.

Posting a Topic on TAU to see if anyone is willing

Also anyone intersted in skinning this - Chrisjm_@hotmail.com :D

Nuts ... now I need to finnish the tracks XD

NATO_chrisjm
9th May 2004, 01:05 PM
Ummmm - Do I just make the track as one ploy and then have a scrolling texture applied depending on speed? Or do I need to each track indervidualy?

Voodoo_180
10th May 2004, 01:23 PM
It depends how much detail you want to add I'd think, and whether you've made the tracks already. Considering the poly count you have so far then maybe just a texture would be better, but if you want it to look better than I'd do them all individually. As for animating it that way, it sounds like a long task of animating each individual tread, but when you think about it you only have to animate it to show all the treads moving one position along, from then you can just loop it and it will work nicely :) Personally I'd go for the latter option, it would look wrong I think with just a flat surface.

BabyEater
11th May 2004, 07:18 AM
Holy awesome model, dude. It's times like this where I become ravenously jealous of those with modeling abilities. That poly-count does seem a bit high, but the quality is super-tight.

NATO_chrisjm
11th May 2004, 07:29 AM
Thanks there.

I see your a skinner :D. Care to help me ??

BabyEater
11th May 2004, 09:43 AM
... Maaaaybe.

My fear is that I'm not sure what the process would be for skinning that. I mean, I'm sure I could conjur up the artwork itself, but how would I go about previewing the 3d version? Also, would I need to unwrap it? I'm totally ignorant on such things.

But if you can hold my hand, I'm sure I could paint the thing. :D

What's it for, anyway?

NATO_chrisjm
11th May 2004, 10:21 AM
It's for one of JonAzz's maps.

BabyEater
11th May 2004, 03:09 PM
whoop. you slipped into a foreign language there. Whuzzat?

NATO_chrisjm
11th May 2004, 03:58 PM
It will go on a ONS map for -

JonAzz
UA Mapper

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/member.php?u=36797

It would look great with a kick ass skin I bet... hey Nato, If you get a skin for It I can get it boned and coded then use it in my upcomming ONS map.

BabyEater
11th May 2004, 04:30 PM
My interest is peaked. Does he have any other stuff I can check out? A website maybe?

[SAS]Solid Snake
11th May 2004, 05:49 PM
Do I just make the track as one ploy and then have a scrolling texture applied depending on speed?Yep, that is how the Goliath did theirs.