PDA

View Full Version : NaliCity MotherShip

MassChAoS
29th Apr 2004, 07:21 PM
65.39.251.19 (ut2004://65.39.251.19/) NaliCity Mothership, provided by BU and Alienpod.

Now that NaliCity has a dedicated server, what suggestions do you have for maps and do you guys want to have regularly scheduled game nights or matches or whatever? The floor is open for suggestions.

Current suggestions(from below):
1on1 Mappack
DM-Aristocracy
DM-Goose2k4
ONS-Ascendancy
ONS-Draor
ONS-Nevermore
ONS-Pipeline
CTF-Orodruin
CTF-Unearthed

The maps can be downloaded from one page, here:
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/view_server.php?sid=24

AMmayhem
29th Apr 2004, 08:35 PM
Hmm, how many maps and what gametypes might be the first question...

Onslaught seems to have more custom maps worth playing than the other gametypes. Feedback people?

MassChAoS
29th Apr 2004, 10:19 PM
Any gametype, any reasonable number of maps ....

Mxtrmntr
30th Apr 2004, 01:01 AM
1on1-Pack, Aristocracy...

darth_weasel
30th Apr 2004, 01:55 AM
putting up custom maps as they become featured maps/hotlist maps on NC would be the best idea i can see. that way it keeps the maps used linked to NC, keeps the number small and the quality high.

AMmayhem
30th Apr 2004, 09:05 AM
1on1-Pack, Aristocracy...

I'd add DM-Goose to that list. :tup:

Frieza
30th Apr 2004, 09:54 AM
The problem with what your suggestin Darth, is that sometimes old UT maps will be in the hotlist, or 2k3 maps.
Anyhoo, I dont have too much ideas regarding the server as I dont play 2k4 :)

Sarevok
30th Apr 2004, 04:45 PM
RrajigarLE, TorlanPhoenixParadise, DM-Deck17SE, DM-5FlamingCubesofDeathSXGE

MassChAoS
30th Apr 2004, 07:50 PM
No.

nalicitymaphunter
30th Apr 2004, 09:22 PM
How about some onslaught games on the NaliCity Mothership server? With all the cool vehicle toys, it could be a lot of fun! :D

MassChAoS
30th Apr 2004, 09:58 PM
What ONS maps?

Zarkazm
1st May 2004, 02:12 PM
ONS-Icarus, ONS-Draor, ONS-Ascendancy.

Sarevok
1st May 2004, 02:56 PM
DM-Nirvana, DM-Ancestral, DM-AlpsDawnDuel, DM-Kenshin
CTF-Hypothermia, CTF-Angkorian, CTF-Unearthed, CTF-Bollwerkruins

MassChAoS
1st May 2004, 03:00 PM
Most of those are ut2k3 maps that have not been converted, right?

Other than CTF-Unearthed.

Sarevok
1st May 2004, 03:21 PM
Most of those are ut2k3 maps that have not been converted, right?

Other than CTF-Unearthed.

my bad, though they do still run under 2004 they probably should be properly converted by the authors

AMmayhem
1st May 2004, 10:25 PM
ONS-Icarus, ONS-Draor, ONS-Ascendancy.

Add ONS-Nevermore. :)

And personally, I don't like Icarus a whole lot, with tanks on the first node and the base, and the leviathon setting off from the first node. Too difficult to capture... :hmm:

luquado
1st May 2004, 10:43 PM
Add ONS-Nevermore. :)

And personally, I don't like Icarus a whole lot, with tanks on the first node and the base, and the leviathon setting off from the first node. Too difficult to capture... :hmm:
I don't like Icarus because of sloppy collisions and getting stuck and stuff.

nalicitymaphunter
2nd May 2004, 04:04 AM
I disagree with luquado. I like ONS-Icarus because of the multi-level gameplay. Admittedly it's hard to manuver large vehicles, but if you use either the manta or raptor, it can be a real blast! :D

luquado
2nd May 2004, 07:46 AM
I disagree with luquado. I like ONS-Icarus because of the multi-level gameplay. Admittedly it's hard to manuver large vehicles, but if you use either the manta or raptor, it can be a real blast! :D
It's not an issue of disagreement when it's a statement of fact. The fact is that I can fly a raptor up to the high "building" at the node right before the cores + levi node, hop off, and walk about 10 feet off of the geometry and snipe at the node, while the enemy team can't do much because of collision bugs.

And you get stuck all over the place while in vehicles, primarily on the edges of platforms if you get blown there by an errant rocket or turret.

And the bots are adept at getting vehicles stuck as well.

MassChAoS
2nd May 2004, 01:32 PM
Alright, any other suggestions? I'll probably put these on the server tonight or tomorrow.

darth_weasel
2nd May 2004, 01:41 PM
i suggest we arrange a get together time cause everytime i go on its empty :p

AMmayhem
2nd May 2004, 01:41 PM
Psst, CTF-Orodruin, but you didn't hear that from me... ;)

QAPete
2nd May 2004, 02:51 PM
ONS-Pipeline is a winner.

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

MassChAoS
2nd May 2004, 08:38 PM
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/view_server.php?sid=24

Uploading the maps now... they'll be done in 12 hrs :/

MassChAoS
2nd May 2004, 08:45 PM
Do you guys wish to play matches the same time as FragBU or at another time?

AMmayhem
2nd May 2004, 09:10 PM
Do you guys wish to play matches the same time as FragBU or at another time?

Sure, why not?

MassChAoS
4th May 2004, 06:56 PM
Anyone else wish to contribute suggestions to play times?

AMmayhem
5th May 2004, 08:48 AM
Anyone else wish to contribute suggestions to play times?

Play times? Just have it up all the time. Or do you mean when to password it for NC'ers only?

luquado
5th May 2004, 01:01 PM
Play times? Just have it up all the time. Or do you mean when to password it for NC'ers only?
I'd say we need a weekly FragNC, but also have the server up for FragBU.

C'mon, my skillz have completely departed me, it'll be fun to kill Teh Luq's Node.

Wait, that sounds dirty.

MassChAoS
5th May 2004, 07:19 PM
what he said. except without the dirty part.

Zarkazm
21st May 2004, 01:25 AM
Maybe people'd rather play if it wasn't passworded. :con:

AMmayhem
21st May 2004, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I'd like to know what's with the server getting passworded. :mad: I think Pete would know better because I'm guessing it has something to do with FragBU.

Mass, do you know anything about this? I know I've mentioned it to you before...

AMmayhem
21st May 2004, 03:43 PM
Talked to QAPete on IRC. The password has been removed, and there's a few custom CTF maps up along with stock maps. Still need to set up the multiple gametypes... :hmm:

Hope to see people on there. :tup:

AMmayhem
21st May 2004, 05:22 PM
UPDATE:

Ok, the server has multiple gametypes set up through map voting at end of a match.

The stock maps are still in, and I have a question for you guys:
Do you want all stock maps left in, or just some of the good ones, or none at all?
Or how about when adding new custom maps, we leave in current custom maps, and filter out the stock ones? Eventually probably filtering out less popular custom maps.

Thoughts?

MassChAoS
21st May 2004, 08:49 PM
Eventually it will be fairly custom maps... I've been too slow to get around to the setting up the multiple gametypes. AM, you got more details on the map voting?

AMmayhem
22nd May 2004, 10:30 AM
Eventually it will be fairly custom maps... I've been too slow to get around to the setting up the multiple gametypes. AM, you got more details on the map voting?

Hmm, that .pdf file I directed you to was the only place of info I know about right now. I can probably find it again if you need it.

You'd have to ask QAPete how he got it set up. I was asking him about it yesterday on IRC, and he fixed it (the password and multiple-gametypes).

MassChAoS
23rd May 2004, 05:37 PM
I understand how its set up the maplist with the ini, but you said something about multiple gametype voting...

nalicitymaphunter
27th May 2004, 07:16 PM
AMmayhem,

You said "Talked to QAPete on IRC. The password has been removed, and there's a few custom CTF maps up along with stock maps. Still need to set up the multiple gametypes". I tried to get into the current game a little earlier today, but I got the message "Connection Failed. Your IP address has been banned from the current game session."

If I don't need a password to get into the game and wasn't even prompted for one, why was I banned from it? I didn't do anything wrong. I have a properly licensed and installed retail version of UT2004 with the recently-released version 3204 patch and the Community Bonus UT2004 Pack. (One of the maps from that pack was being played at the time.) Plus, I have a PC and broadband Internet connection more than capable of running UT2004 online. I don't use any cheats, so, unless something else is amiss, I think it's inexcuseable to be banned under these circumstances!!! :mad:

MassChAoS
27th May 2004, 08:28 PM
NCMH, he has no control whatsoever. He knows less about your situation than I do..