PDA

View Full Version : 3dsMax6 toggle? Not W anymore

Starstreams
24th Apr 2004, 11:13 PM
Would anyone happen to know what key toggles the Full view ports in Max6?
It use to be the (W) key in 4.0 but not in 6

Starstreams
25th Apr 2004, 12:54 AM
Never mind it's Alt + W

Now it's an extra step, anyway sorry about that.

Voodoo_180
25th Apr 2004, 04:07 PM
That annoyed me too, but MAX is so customisable it can easily be changed :)

Starstreams
25th Apr 2004, 06:16 PM
Hay whatís up Voodoo!

You know Iíve been in the customize interface menus but Iíve been unsuccessful in finding the Full screen toggle or better yet the option to assign a new key to that option.
Where exactly is that settings if you wouldnít mind pointing me in the correct direction please?

Starstreams
25th Apr 2004, 07:32 PM
Never mind, I found it.
I must have skiped over it 20 times while looking at the looooooooog list of commands. :D

Voodoo_180
26th Apr 2004, 01:35 PM
Heh, again, I had that problem too! There's just so many and I wasn't sure what it would come under alphabetically, spent a while looking for maximise viewport I think, but found it eventually :) Zoom extends all changed too at some point I think which was annoying for me! Back to normal now though :)

Starstreams
26th Apr 2004, 06:48 PM
Basically the way I found it was: I knew that Alt + W was the new command so since there are less keys to look through then actual names I just looked for (Alt+W) to see what it was assigned to.

Iíll tell you, I love getting new features in programs but I hate when some of the more common routines change then you find yourself looking for hours to get things back to normal. Microsoft if famous for this. Like they will turn something on you donít what and then you have to spend hours looking for it.

O well like they say in the computer industry, ďeverything old becomes new again! but we are not Suppose to know that. ;)