XMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpirate

WTFLOL
Jan 21, 2004
Ontario, Canada
I haven't played much XMP in the past few months. I hope you'll forgive me for "deserting" the community--although I never was too involved, and it was a long time ago. I've been very involved in C&C: Renegade, and haven't had enough time to play XMP on a regular basis.

Anyway, I was sitting on the computer this morning, getting ready for a Renegade clan match, when the other clan cancelled, so I figured, "What the hell? Maybe I'll play a quick round of XMP." I got onto a server of about 10-12 people on XMP-Garden, and had a fantastic game. Wow. It went the full time limit, which was something like 40 minutes. I even got over 10000 points! w00t! (Yeah, I know it's nothing impressive... I'm a n00b, what can I say?)

I guess my point is that in visiting these boards on a somewhat regular basis, one gets the impression that XMP is in a bad way, when in fact the game kicks just as much ass as it always has. I hope I can play a bit more XMP in the future, perhaps with a few of my Renegade clanmates (although that might be aiming a little high).

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
yes, it kicks ass
even for a pubber like me, I find lotsa good games. My connection had been laggity lag lately, so basically for the last few days I was playing half seriously and bitching about my lag, well jokingly. And then last night (friday night) I found a group on Bloodrave server which I get pretty good ping on (and others on west coast agree). I started 10pm... stopped at... hehe... 6am the next morning.

I complete agree that on this forum you see a sh-load of complains that I don't give a damn about. For someone not into the game so much it might seem this game is nothing but trouble. But the fact of the matter is, none of that have any effect on MY games. Don't know about theirs.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
welcome back

i also came back after i played CoD and bought UT2004 i saw the icon and thought maybe a little go i havn't put it down since
i was gone for like 1 month or something

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
mrpirate said:
I guess my point is that in visiting these boards on a somewhat regular basis, one gets the impression that XMP is in a bad way, when in fact the game kicks just as much ass as it always has.

Most gaming forums end up the same way. The people that enjoy the game just get on with playing it. The people that hate it spend all their time posting their views on forums ;)

klik

kay el eye kay
Apr 2, 2004
san diego, ca
loop.hifi.to
i love xmp.

been addicted since i played the demo..

as long as the community will keep producing maps / mods / mutators i think the community will stay strong and hold together.. although i have seen a few threads lately from a few players saying that they're done with XMP..

with the recent release of ut2k4.. it's to be expected that the XMP community will lose a few players to ut2k4..

but i think that with a little extra promotion.. and "mentioning" / "putting in a few good words" for XMP on some of the other gaming forums.. the game is good enough to convert a few players over.. i just think a lot of people haven't even heard of XMP.

i only know a few gamers in town.. and they were all playing CS and ut2k4 until i showed them XMP :)

anyways.. welcome back.. and hope you stay awhile.. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.