Dear Instagib people...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Why do you insist on infecting every game type with your twitch bastardization of my wonderful game? DM I could understand, CTF sure, deathball....ok I guess...but the ball carrier is really up **** creek, but ONS???? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO GOD DAMNIT NO. :(

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
If the rifle doesn't destroy vehicles, nodes and cores in one hit (and in fact does next to no damage to them making you need vehicles to do damage to nodes, cores etc.) then whats the problem?

I can understand it if the IG did destroy everything in one hit. But it doesn't. There is no problem.

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Making it harder to take out nodes and vehicles is a good thing.

Normal ons sucks ass imo, most of the gametype is getting screwed by everyone on your team and the other. Ohh camp a vehicle, get it, drive to a node, blow it up, heal it, watch some tard on your team drive off in your vehicle, finish node, get new vehicle go to the next node, oh goody the node you just got was blown up by some fairy from across the map, drive back, your tank gets blown up and you get killed by some stupid bull**** weapon like a assualt rifle, quit playing crappy gametype.

Frostbite and primeval are teh only two maps i have had good games in, the rest suck ass regularly, too bad i got tired of the overwhelming ammount of ignorant people playing assualt.... Best use of vehicles and teamplay out of any vanilla gametype.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Major-Lee-High said:
Making it harder to take out nodes and vehicles is a good thing.

Normal ons sucks ass imo, most of the gametype is getting screwed by everyone on your team and the other. Ohh camp a vehicle, get it, drive to a node, blow it up, heal it, watch some tard on your team drive off in your vehicle, finish node, get new vehicle go to the next node, oh goody the node you just got was blown up by some fairy from across the map, drive back, your tank gets blown up and you get killed by some stupid bull**** weapon like a assualt rifle, quit playing crappy gametype.

Frostbite and primeval are teh only two maps i have had good games in, the rest suck ass regularly, too bad i got tired of the overwhelming ammount of ignorant people playing assualt.... Best use of vehicles and teamplay out of any vanilla gametype.

You recognize that Assualt isn't fun because if ignorant people, why can't you do the same for ONS?

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
I would say the problem is that this is a NW forum and nobody here likes IG so you get sypmathy.

if you stated the same thing at an IG Forum you would get flamed to hell and back.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
phil said:
Why do you insist on infecting every game type with your twitch bastardization of my wonderful game? DM I could understand, CTF sure, deathball....ok I guess...but the ball carrier is really up **** creek, but ONS???? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO GOD DAMNIT NO. :(

What are you scared of? That IG will take over ONS because people like it better?

Players will play what they want to play. If IG ONS becomes more popular than NW ONS well... you can blame it on the Unreal community.

Besides if you don't like IG ONS, create a new filter for it.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Saito said:
I would say the problem is that this is a NW forum and nobody here likes IG so you get sypmathy.

if you stated the same thing at an IG Forum you would get flamed to hell and back.

This is true, but then why should the opinions of idiots who can't play with more than one weapon that kills in one hit and never runs out of ammo matter to me?

(you're an exception, I actually like you :p)

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
Nemephosis said:
This is true, but then why should the opinions of idiots who can't play with more than one weapon that kills in one hit and never runs out of ammo matter to me?

(you're an exception, I actually like you :p)

They shouldn't matter.

However as such, you should bear in mind that blanket "anti insta gib" statements will get false support here. Voicing your "opinion" to a group of people that feels exactly as you do doesn't prove anything. ;)

If I went to an insta-gib forum and said "RW sucks it takes no skill and is so damn slow, but hell all the noobs play it" everyone would agree there... but it doesn't make it right or prove anything.

And I play both game types.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Saito said:
They shouldn't matter.

However as such, you should bear in mind that blanket "anti insta gib" statements will get false support here. Voicing your "opinion" to a group of people that feels exactly as you do doesn't prove anything. ;)

If I went to an insta-gib forum and said "RW sucks it takes no skill and is so damn slow, but hell all the noobs play it" everyone would agree there... but it doesn't make it right or prove anything.

And I play both game types.
this guy knows.

You play both gametypes so that automatically makes you more informed than most Instagibbers out there who only blindly play IG.

However I have to say, I do see the use of Insta. I play Instagib Invasion online (cause you prett6y much have to to stand a chance) and the argument that it improves your aim is credible. You ever try piocking off those flies and pupae with a weapon you need to pretty much be pinpoint with? It's not freakin easy.

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
I could make a good arguement for either taking more skill, or being better. The result of playing both is having been through so many flame fests, that in the end you realise it doesn't ****ing matter. At core it's esenitialy the same damn arguement over and over again, neitherside is right or wrong.

There is only 1 real part of it that matters. Some people like the floaty, high speed carnage that is IG... and some people hate it.

If you don't like it don't play it. The whole "IG is destroying the community because it drags people to it, and there for all IG players are cocksmoking assgoblins and suck" is completely idiotic, if you don't like it don't play it. Plus most IG'rs wouldn't play UT if it wasn't for IG.

And for those of us that do play both, it's blanket insults from oneside that make us play that side less.

{spithead}

[DFA] clan leader
Apr 22, 2004
Thornton,Colorado
What does everyone have against Instagib?
Instagib is (in my opinion) one of the best aspects of the game
I like to play both IG and normal depending on what mood I am in
It's not like IG is going to take over UT

Ominous

Oct 19, 2001
Indianapolis
www.carpeimperium.com
Its interesting how everyone here likes to bash on proU for elitist attitudes and such but you get the exact same thing here. Only difference is that you don't really brag about you weapon skills, in fact most here even confess they suck, but you've no problem ripping on IG players. Get over it, some people enjoy IG, but its no where near as popular in 2k4 as it was in 2k3, so quit whining about it.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
well, that and there's about ten different IG mutators, meaning you'll never find one with a large following.

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
Nemephosis said:
well, that and there's about ten different IG mutators, meaning you'll never find one with a large following.

IN 2k3 it was head shot non zoom, with trans.

Zoom IG sliced through mulitple people, head shot just ended at the first one you hit. That was the one on our ladder. :)