PDA

View Full Version : Unreal ED Unreal ED2.0 UnrealEd3.0????

Justinsane
23rd Apr 2004, 10:49 PM
Can I use the latest Unrealed and still run it on the original UT, just curious. If it can, then where could I download the latest UnrealEd? :instagib:

Reciprocity
24th Apr 2004, 06:35 PM
I don't that would be possible just because of the fact that Unreal Ed 3.0 is not a stand-alone program. And even if you did find it, you couldn't run the new technology on something like the old Unreal engine.

Bot_40
24th Apr 2004, 10:03 PM
First of all, you look like a troll with the ghey colours and text size in your post so don't expect anyone to respect what you say when you post like that.
And secondly the answer to your question is no.

darth_weasel
24th Apr 2004, 11:23 PM
ignore bot hes just a newbie,yes you can! a clan dude told me once! lol!

Nahand
25th Apr 2004, 08:41 AM
heh...

KingMango
31st Jul 2004, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah dude. NP here's what you do. Buy UT2k4 then build a map that looks like an Unreal map....

**** forgot to color my text

Manticore
2nd Aug 2004, 10:30 PM
??

HidingCriminal
26th Aug 2004, 07:17 AM
*goes into epileptic shock*

GTD-Carthage
28th Aug 2004, 01:13 AM
Dude! For a long time you've been teaching me UEd stuff, I could never expect you would ask such a question!!!

My answer:

No, you cannot. You'd rather download the latest patches for old UT if you want to use the latest version of UnrealEd compatible with UT '99.

0.o

ZetaMillenium
28th Aug 2004, 02:32 PM
wtf!

samx01
15th Dec 2004, 05:51 AM
:rolleyes: I think you can, Ive used Unreal ed2 to open unr maps, just, certain files are for certain games

Rob
15th Dec 2004, 06:51 AM
UEd2 can open maps built with UEd1 (that means Unreal maps). Both use unr format.

Snoitpo
15th Dec 2004, 06:36 PM
yep, Ued 1 and 2 use .unr and Ued 3 uses .unr2 so they wont just work like that

however, you could possibly take all the geometry from the level and put it in a huge static mess, then put it in the other version

XepptizZ
15th Dec 2004, 09:01 PM
I've heard somewhere that you can import a ut level in a 2k4/2k3 editor. Just make sure all the nonbrush actors are out and everything is defaulttexture. And in 2k3 the level will look 0.5 of the size it looked in ut.

GTD-Carthage
16th Dec 2004, 07:27 AM
The guy who originally posted this thread could not take the flames and "ghey" insults so he left so it would be rather useless to post here but oh well.

UNREALED 2.0 >> EXPORT TO Unreal Text File >> UNREALED 3.0 >> IMPORT TO Unreal Map

XepptizZ
17th Dec 2004, 06:53 AM
Hmmm, Yeah, pretty pointless posting somethin here anyways. I'm more of an UP fanatic. They've got a real betatesting section.

GTD-Carthage
17th Dec 2004, 07:05 AM
I'll try going there somehow... maybe their forums are free of the transS that's been happening around here.

Justinsane
4th Mar 2005, 09:11 AM
??

GTD-Carthage
4th Mar 2005, 06:13 PM
??
Let's leave here and go elsewhere (www.unrealplayground.com).

Kantham
4th Mar 2005, 06:21 PM
??

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

ReD_Fist
9th Mar 2005, 01:12 PM
There are several ways to do stuff like that,forget about that staticmesh comment above,it aint happening.
I converted Ghostwheel's and mine map DM-Atrodeck.unr to ut2004,and all though some things may be cool or save time,in the end it's better to make a level from scratch.

Some actors will paste from one editor to the other,like subtract and add brushes and lights and pathnodes I believe,I can't totaly remember,mabye playerstarts too.

Try saving as t3d file or save as .U3D file (look under tab "brush") then youl see "save" brush. then copy over the textures the map uses from UT,but when you open it the size will be all off and alot of actors will be missing .Also to increase size about 1.7 times bigger should be about equal to ut2004.
not more than 2 and not less than 1.5 ,or you might try 2.0 to 2.5 but your pushing it ,but it will be too big.
Plus these dudes around here have no appreciation for knowing such things,I painstakedly redone Quake1 maps to look and feel like Quake,(wich is actualy worse to redo than from UT) so I moved them over to http://www.mapraider.com

But even those I probably would have had an easier time at it if I made them from scratch,but I wanted them exact BSP but I didn't resize alot of them from Quake until the last few I did,(wich no one around here noticed that in there lame map comments)

Quake maps for UT need to be upsized to about 1.4 to 1.8,as well as the texture scaling,It was a bitch to do .