PDA

View Full Version : Exported vehicle looks weird in unrealed [ut2k4]

Amin0
20th Apr 2004, 10:27 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to modding unreal and me an a friend of mine want to make a mod...
He does the modeling and i do the scripting...

So he created a model in max and send it to me...

http://www.amin0.nl/in maya.jpg

i exported it into maya and rigged it and stuff, according to the turt @ the bonus dvd that comes with ut2k4...

When try to export it (doesn't mather if i use maya unlimited 5 with actorX or maya 5 ple with the exported from the dvd) it looks all screwed up... the normals are flipped, the uv's are also wrong...

http://www.amin0.nl/unrealed.jpg

does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

can anyone help me with this problem?

Amin0

Merc248
20th Apr 2004, 11:16 AM
Check the normals on the model. Not sure how to do it in 3DSMax though. You want all the normals to be pointing away from the model, not toward the inside.

Amin0
20th Apr 2004, 11:28 AM
Check the normals on the model. Not sure how to do it in 3DSMax though. You want all the normals to be pointing away from the model, not toward the inside.
I all ready checked the normals in maya...
if they are pointing the wrong way (inside) you get the same effect as in unreal ed...

but tnx anyway,
i'll double check it.

coolhead2100
20th Apr 2004, 09:12 PM
Could be the texture, see to make sure the UV mpa isn't somehow flipped, causing the one sided texture to be displayed inward.

Amin0
21st Apr 2004, 06:27 AM
Could be the texture, see to make sure the UV mpa isn't somehow flipped, causing the one sided texture to be displayed inward.
How do i see if de uv map isn't flipped...
And if it was shouldn't you see it in maya also?

coolhead2100
21st Apr 2004, 05:21 PM
Maya automatically interprets all tetxures as two sided, if Im not mistaken. To fix the problem... Not exactly sure.

chip
21st Apr 2004, 09:20 PM
if you can make the model for PLE (.mp) available to download, i could take a look at it for you. put the scene file and texture in a zip & PM me with the link if you're interested.