I HATE BSP HOLES!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
heh join the club :)
make sure you have the grid on, that helps some, also changing solids to semi solids helps, them zone portals are tricky
a cool trick I learned is if you have a brush that keeps causing a BSP error then turn into a mover
I once had a strange error where my terrain was masked for no reason, I had to delete all of it and redo it

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
Plz remeber also that duplicating is way better to forcome bsp cuts than just adding the same damn thing over and over again :)

btw, If you have done almost everything you could, and you still see tha nasty HOM on the floor, you can add a fake floor over it, to cover the BSP cut, its a good method wich I use when nothing works ;)

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
The brasilian noob said:
UED2, UT99 maps...

I´m moving the camera around when everything disapears and UED stops responding.
indeed, thats SO annoying! :mad:
and the nex time you ndont even get a change anymore to delete the latest thing you added and rebuilded, cause it just crash everytime you move with the cam :(

I think there are only 2 ways to solve this.

-so deleting the last thing you ve added, after that, go search for some complex brushes or things like subtracted things from semi-solid r somethng.
- but most vital: BACKUPS!!! :)

You are SO in trouble if you dont use backups, cause when your map is tottaly ****ed up, you can return to a state where you were previously.

ok, its quite annoying that you can build that piece over and over agian, but at least not the whole map :)

Save every 5,6 minutes or use the auto save wich is one of the beest improvements in UED2 ;)

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
also, start getting very used to using static meshes and blocking volumes... use BSP as little as possible, if you can use it once to cut a big world and fill that with static meshs and blocking volumes then your going to be set..