PDA

View Full Version : Making .uax files without UnrealEd?

maxadim
15th Apr 2004, 12:42 PM
I can't get UnrealEd to work at the moment so I was wondering if there was any way to make .uax files without it? If I can't create .uax files is there anything to add/replace .wav files in an existing .uax file?

Thanks In Advance,

max

GingerFlaps
31st May 2004, 06:25 PM
UCC Editor has a BatchImport function:
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/BatchImportCommandlet

Why can't you get UEd working?

maxadim
17th Jul 2004, 07:27 AM
I tried following the instructions on the page but it keeps saying package needs an extension.

[GZU]Warz_NL
15th Apr 2005, 09:15 AM
I know this has nothing to do with maxadim's problem

I have been try to make a .uax file useing the editor and it just wont work.

My process I am using is as follows
start Ued.3 click on the sound icon on the top
then on file>import

then I give the package a name and the file a name
when I click on ok it defaults back to the 2K4MenuSounds package I have also checked that the .wav file was compressed correctly
( 22KHz 8bit mono)

So to check this I exported a sound from another package to see if I could import that and make a new package with that and it too did not work I am at a loss here
could some plz help me with this
Thanks

Wormbo
15th Apr 2005, 10:14 AM
General import rules apply: No weird characters or white spaces in the path or file name. If for example you happen to have the WAV files in "E:\Sound Files\Import" or something like that, that's already a space character in the path name UEd will silently mutter about. Same thing applies to a file named "My Cool Sound.wav" or a path pointing to a shared network resource like "\\JoesComputer\SoundFiles\TheUbersound.wav"..

[GZU]Warz_NL
15th Apr 2005, 12:26 PM
thanks for the help ;)
I had my .wav files in the UT2004 directory in a single named folder and the .wav files were all single names with no funny charaters in them.

How ever after doing some googleing and reading I decided to see if it worked useing the UCC command and it worked fine so I am thinking I might have to reinstall the game to get the Editor working (I thought that was to much effort) so I wrote a small simply .bat file to handle it. :D

Drop my .wav files into the appointed folder double click the batch file and done.

paul.cominscoch
17th Nov 2005, 06:06 AM
Hi all.
That sounds interesting. Can you give us an example here on how you made this batch file please?
Thanks.
Paul.