IS THIS NORMAL?? MULT-PLAYER HELP!!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

djfusion

Apr 15, 2004
hello everyone! i'm new to UT2004 multi-player and im trying to get on the multiplayer server right now, and i can't get on cause it says somthing like cannot connect to master server right now, please try again later. what the hell is this? the first time i tryied to play multi-player it worked right away, everything was fine, then the next time i tryied, i got this message again, then i went on later that night and it worked. now im trying to play right now and im getting this message again. is this normal right now? cause i don't know if there is a problem with the master servers right now or what. cause im really pissed off and i want to play some UT right now and i can't. i don't think it has to do with anything with my computer cause i have no problem playing painkiller, BF:vietem,postal 2, and so on. so I would really like to know whats going on and if anyone can please let me know your advise as soon as possible it would really help, like if this is happening to eveeryone and it's just the master server right now trying to fix some bugs or what, thank you very much.

djfusion

Apr 15, 2004
so this means that it has nothing to do with my computer or my internet that i can fix? it just means that i have to keep checking back later to see if i can connect? thanks for your responses!

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
too lazy for truffles!!?! NEVAH!!

Welcome to BuF !
truffles.txt

Last edited:

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
djfusion said:
what is truffles anyway? and will that help me connect to multi-player?

:lol:

nice!

& welcome to BuF!

btw - it could possibly be your internet. Once in a blue moon I'll be unable to connect to the master server because my cable service is on the blink (as opposed to Epic's master server)

but, I guess if you have connectivity via webrowser and all, that wouldn't be it.

djfusion

Apr 15, 2004
haha, ok,ok i feel dumb now about the truffles, haha, sorry. but anyways i figured out a way to connect to the muti-player. i never connect the first time so i just keep exiting the game and connecting again and sooner or later i will be connected. even though this sucks and it takes me about 15 trys but i will connect sooner or later. i just don't get it why i have to do it with this game only, it must have somthing to do with there server or somthing. because i know it has nothing to do with my internet. but hopefully they will fix this problem soon so i don't have to keep doing this. but once i do connect to the master server, i can exit the connection and go to the main menu of UT2k4 play single player mode, and when im done with that click on join game and still be able to connect to the master server with no problem. pretty weird aint it? but thanks for all your welcomes and truffles, and all your replys.

djfusion

Apr 15, 2004
oh yea i have tryied reinstalling the game, that was one of my first i thought of doing. i just dont understand this problem at all. no problems what so ever on any other game on multi-player. oh yea and my ping is horrible to, lits like around the 200's. it's like i have dial-up or somthing. i mean i do have a router but it i don't get this ping on any other game eighter, my ping is usally like ine the 10's and 20's usally. what pissis me off to is i just broke my bank on buying an alienware system to have no problems on games at all and max out on every game i get and have perfect stats on all my games, but noooooooo!!!! haha

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
djfusion said:
what is truffles anyway? and will that help me connect to multi-player?
Ahah Classic! :lol:

About your problem : you have to make sure your internet connection is established before you launch the game (maybe open a website or check your mail)Your internet performances depend on a lot of things,make sure your systemis correctly configured (can you download files at a correct speed?),it may also depend on the place where you live.

djfusion

Apr 15, 2004
^^ yup everything you muntioned is all working, like i said, i have no problem what so ever with any other game. painkiller, half-life, dead mans hand. i have broadband so im always connected. i even reinstalled the game, i even open up a browser and then try, (even though i dont have to, but what the hell i will try anything at this point). right now im trying to get on and it has not taking me this many trys to get on, i think im at aroud the 60's try, it takes me usally about 20-30 trys to finally reach the master server. but yea this really sucks major ass right now. im thinkg once i connect i am just gonna leave it open when im done and exit to the main menu and leave it there for when i wanna play again. cause i can just hit the windows key on the keyboard to get to windows if i wanna do anything else. i just hope it wont screw with anything or make anything to hot. i dont think it will. i got a really good alienware computer. if anyone has anymore opinions or options please let me know or ask. thank you

KenjiE20

Feb 27, 2002
Washington, England
www.longbowslair.co.uk
I think I know what it might be.
You got any firewall software running? If you have make sure its set up with a rule for UT2004. To check find something along the lines of Internet Access Rules, it's easy to spot, it contains a list of programss on your computer that have been set up to be allowed out of the firewall.
Check to make sure UT2004 is added. If not, add a rule and select the UT2004.exe file in your system folder, then set the rules to acess through all ports in both directions on TCP and UDP (you could limit ports but to be sure it goes out use this).
This should fix it.