Double Jump Somersault? WTF?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
Now that I started to play UT2K4 I noticed bots and some humans doing a mid-air somersault, without dodging out of a wall.... All of you also saw Malcolm do it in the movie of the beginning of the game when he had 2 Assault Rifles.
Anyway I entered the #UT2004 chan in Quakenet and one of the ops said that when you do a double-jump it sometimes does a somersault in the second jump.
When I toggled behindview 1, I tried any combo of moving keys with the ordinary double-tap of the jump key, and my player never did a double-jump somersault :(

Any ideas?

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
I'm using CannonBall since UT2003 ;o
In UT I use a girl skin usually, they're thinner.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
i remeber someone saying you can't see the somersault,even with behindview, but others see it.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
The Juggs and old 2k3 Robots do not do flips, also the new and old Kangaroo looking things don't do flips.

The new 2k4 version robots (Divisor, etc...) do flips.

And all the 'Mercs' (non Jugg humans) do flips

Not sure about the Skaarj things...they probably don't, as doing flips is retarded looking and undignified, therefore un-Skaarj like.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Just to apprise you of a little more information, Juggs DO do flips. You just have to wall dodge and they will spin like top.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I_B_Bangin said:
lol @ the dignified skaarj

00000010.gif

spineblayZeth said:
Just to apprise you of a little more information, Juggs DO do flips. You just have to wall dodge and they will spin like top.

ahh yes, i've seen that.

does that apply to the 2k3 robots as well?

SuperGoop

Mar 26, 2004
Only some characters do flips. The easiest character to use is the female human (the one that looks Chinese and also the one that has the green highlighted hair).

Simply dodge in any direction, and jump after the dodge. Use "behindview" to see yourself. If done successfully, your character will make a distinctive (higher pitched) sound.

e.g. back, back, jump (done quickly)

The backflip looks especially nice.

SuperGoop