TeamRadar 2.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snorelax

Fat, Lazy, Misspelled Pokemon
Apr 14, 2004
New version

Download link: Download here

Screenshots from a build like yesterday I think
Full Map
Normal view
The icons have been updated since then, but basic functionality is the same.

Fixed the level change lockup problem.

Feedback appreciated.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
That's awesome. Why wasn't this included as standard?

edit: There's still time to put it in the official patch, epic :p

TomWithTheWeather

Die Paper Robots!
May 8, 2001
Dallas TX
tomwiththeweather.blogspot.com
Did you somehow do that client side? If so then well done. :)

Epic had this feature at one point in time, but had to remove it because each new icon on that mini map is another piece of relevant information passed from server to client, which used up too much bandwidth.

But very cool no less. It would be great on lans. :tup:

janiwashere

FC-03B
Jan 12, 2000
Finlandia
www.carpeimperium.com
I didn't download it yet, but I want to ask if you can get the full map up by pressing a key and move back to a smaller map by releasing it? That would rock. I guess it's a mutator so if I'd want to use it online the server must have it enabled as well?
And yeah, like TWTW said, what's the deal with bandwidth?
Looks great anyway :tup:

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
That's really nice.

I was also wondering why is wasn't included in the OEM game.

You know what else it needs, when one of your teammates is being damaged the icon should flash. Would that be hard to code?

Also, I'd like my personal icon to flash pink when I'm spanking Bangins ass in some dark corner of the map.

Snorelax

Apr 14, 2004
I screwed up the release :( I broke the level changing at like 2AM because event didn't make much sense around then. Soooooo

If you downloaded it, re-download it :p

And this is a combo clientside/serverside thing. The server can set it so that all players are relevant all the time, so then it'll show your entire team regardless of where they are. Or they can turn that off, so you can only see players and vehicles in a certain radius of you. I'm not sure of the bandwidth implications of that option yet, but as most combat happens in a small area in onslaught anyhow, I'm sure it won't be too heavy. Plus if it doesn't work out for a server, they can just turn it off. I'll probably post the source code in a couple days if anyone's interested.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I did and when I win the round and destroy the core, the announcer counts down from 5 and then the game locks and doesn't load the next round.

edit: it doesn't matter whether the "make all players relevant" box is checked or not, either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snorelax

Apr 14, 2004
Nemephosis said:
I did and when I win the round and destroy the core, the announcer counts down from 5 and then the game locks and doesn't load the next round.

edit: it doesn't matter whether the "make all players relevant" box is checked or not, either.

That's odd. I have it loading over here. It does seem to take longer, which I'm working on tracking down, but I'm about to move cross country so I won't really have time for the next couple days.

Snorelax

Apr 14, 2004
Updated this, fixed the level loading lockup. It had to clean up a whole lot of garbage (I was generating a memory leak), so it would take literally 20 minutes or so to load a level.