forcing a player's mesh

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_eldee_

Another Space Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Hi, I've got a totaly custom mesh with a unique skeletal system and animations and i'm trying to force it as the player's mesh when he plays my gametype. I've scoured xPlayer and xPawn, but i'm not seeing where UT makes the call to load the profile mesh from the config file. Can anybody point me in the right direction so i can get things rolling again?

Thanks in advance.

jimboh

Salty Sea Dog
Jan 20, 2004
Roaming the high seas...
What version of UT?

I'm assuming your version is 2003...
Try looking throught the following classes:
Controller, GameInfo, DeathMatch, Pawn, UnrealPawn, UnrealMPGameInfo
Sorry...I know it's like looking for a needle in a haysack, but I really don't have time (at the moment) to look through it for you...I'm sure someone already knows the answer to this, I'm just giving you a suggestion in case they don't...
Anyways good luck

-Jimboh

_eldee_

Another Space Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
jimboh said:
What version of UT?
I'm using 2004, sorry i should've specified in the original post.
I'll dig through those classes and see if i can find anything glaring. In xPawn, the default skeletal mesh and skins are set (to thunderstrike), but that will only load if there is no user profile created. Thanks for the response, i'll keep searching.

Last edited:

ttl

Oct 22, 2003
I don’t have Ut2k4 but I'd suggest you look in the RestartPlayer function in gameinfo and the subclasses leading up to your gameinfo.

Mr Evi1

Mar 22, 2002
UK
come.to
The easiest place to do it is in xPawn.Setup(xUtil.PlayerRecord rec, optional bool bLoadNow)

See how it is used to force the mesh when default models is turned on.

_eldee_

Another Space Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Mr_Evi1 said:
The easiest place to do it is in xPawn.Setup(xUtil.PlayerRecord rec, optional bool bLoadNow)

that did it. thanks alot

Zarimax

Mar 12, 2002
NH
fatalarts.unrealism.com
Mr_Evi1 said:

Yeah, but isn't there a way to tell the gametype to only use a certain set of custom characters and then just give those characters your new mesh?