lost in code migration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Sorry if this question has already been debated here but there are some aspects of mod devellopment for ut2004 that I don't quite understand and I never saw them fully explained.

I had a little gametype in devellopment for ut2003 and it was working well.It was using an int file to appear in the gametype list.
Now I'm trying to port it to ut2004 and after correcting the code incompatibilities and recompiling succesfully ,it doesn't appear anymore in the gametype list.
I know this page:
http://unreal.epicgames.com/ut2004/tutorials/modsupport.htm
Does that mean that we have to use this architecture for every mod or gametype that we create?It appears a little heavy for smaller scale projects.

Also could anyone point me to any information about UCL files and CACHE (I see the word cache used many times about ut2004 scripting but I don't understand what it is and what it does)
Thanks.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Thanks,but it doesn't work.
My gametype doesn't appear and my weapon's baseclass does appear in the setting although I don't want that :( grrrr

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
oh well I had forgotten the maps.
It works now...well it does show up....
Thanks.

Anybody know about the 'cache' reference?
Also how to use a custom gamerules tab?