Collision Confusion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jimboh

Salty Sea Dog
Jan 20, 2004
Roaming the high seas...
I have an Actor with the Defaultpropweries:
Code:
defaultproperties
{
	DrawType=DT_StaticMesh
   staticmesh=staticmesh'Industrial_Static.Objects.generator'
	RemoteRole=ROLE_SimulatedProxy
	NetPriority=1.8
	bNetTemporary=false
	bGameRelevant=true
	bUpdateSimulatedPosition=true
	Physics=PHYS_None
	bNetInitialRotation=true
	bCollideWhenPlacing=false
	bMovable=false
	bCanBeDamaged=true

bHidden=true
	bNoDelete=false
	bAcceptsProjectors=true

bCollideActors=true
	bCollideWorld=false
	bBlockActors=true
	bBlockPlayers=true
	bBlockZeroExtentTraces=true
	bBlockNonZeroExtentTraces=true
	bUseCylinderCollision=false
	bBlockKarma=true
}

I want this actor to be notified whenever another actor bumps or touches it. So far, I've tried Touch, and EnroachingOn and EnroachedBy events, but nothing happens...Is there any other function that can do what I want, or is there any workaround to this problem? Thanks!

-Jimboh

dataangel

Apr 11, 2004
I could be mistaken but doesn't bUseCylinderCollision have to be on for collision to be detectable? I thought the way collision was detected was when something entered another something's collision cylinder, so if you don't use the collision cylinder, what would it use?

jimboh

Salty Sea Dog
Jan 20, 2004
Roaming the high seas...
The collision hull in the model
If you look at the model, Industrial_Static.Objects.generator
you will notice an asterik (*) in front of it, which means there's a collision already defined for it. (go to View > collision to see it).

but are these events triggered only if the collision is a cylinder?

-Jimboh