General protection fault

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilcrane

Apr 10, 2004
hi, when im launching the games it brings up this message:
"
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1708 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: 3Dlabs Wildcat VP870 (0)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
"
what can i do?

wildfrogman

Sep 30, 2001
usa
Visit site
If you have windowsXP use the restore feature and go back a day or so? Maybe reinstall your video card drivers. If those dont work maybe reinstalling the game? Are you overclocking anything and possibly pushed the limits a bit too far?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
There are about 500 of these GPF messages being posted at the Atari forums and everyone insists that its an overclock issue or bad memory issue. Then i ask this, why is it that before the UT2k4 installation, every game you have works fine, install 2k4 and you gpf out like a mad man. It certainly cant be bad memory if 100+ people are having this issue AFTER the installation of 2k4. Im guessing its just one big bug and it will be addressed in a patch. I for one am having this issue and until another game bombs out on me, which so far it hasnt, then im saying there is something wrong with the game.

laminator

Oct 19, 2000
Visit site
Judging by your other posts, with you asking why the cd key doesn't work when you applied the NOCD patch i'm guessing your using an illegal copy

Don't bloody expect help from this forum unless you buy the original

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
evilcrane said:
Every time when im starting unreal 2004 it says that the cd key appears to be invalid... (yes, i copy the no cd patch over the exe file...) I've tried reinstalling it but it wont work... can someone...

Purchasing the retail version helps. It's worth the money.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
buf_key_v2.gif