Do u like playing with clanmembers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Just now I've been playing a couple of DM matches with my clanmate, Jolt1r. Both of us were wearing our Zd tag. We we're in the lead most of the time and then some jackasses came in. Claiming we were cheating since we were in the same clan..(yeh what logic...:rolleyes: )
We don't team up in a DM, we don't avoid shooting eachother, in fact I guess we made most kills on eachother.

My question, is it lame to both join the same server?
Do u like to play with clanplayers? (or more people wearing the same tag like BuF)

SharKTanK

:zzz:
Oct 5, 2003
Manchester
No, I don't think it's lame to join a server with a clan mate in any way. You are entitled to as much fun as anyone else on the servers. It only becomes lame when you start flaming, ranting and abusing other people. But then again, I believe that being nice is an unwritten code that you should follow regardless.

Yes, I do enjoy playing with my clan mates. Most of the time it's Angel~Wing (some of the FragBEU'ers may remember him) and we have good fun together, as well as against each other. I can however play alone and am not required to play with a clan member to play at all.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
Its not lame to join a server and practice against 'real people', giving helpful hints to everyone else is ideal as well.

However it is lame to bring almost the entire clan in and 'commandeer' the server and tell everyone on it to "**** off" cos its now your 'practice server' , especially when its a Public (keyword here folks) server.

Thank you :)

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
It's not lame, it's fun. It can be frustrating to be a pubber vs a couple of clanners but it's part of the way of things.

Your clanners are your friends (unless you're some ****ed up clan) and playing with your friends is the whole idea behind MP gaming :))

The fact that people think you cheat is just.. stupid and the general sad state of the average pubbers, they think that everyone's botting and cheating especially if they're clanned, 'cos you can't be good, no, you have to be cheating!

Bee - stick [Ci]* in the buddies and track us down eh? :).. oh and *sQueeze*

mortus\pyro

Jan 8, 2004
Had the same experience on a jolt onslaught server the other day. Had 6 of us on the server, 4 one side 2 the other. A guy called Quin sits in spec and says "lol look at mortus lamers, that cryo has no skills". He then joins the match and i start a 'rampage' run, to which he says "plz turn off hacks".

Next map is dria, and we again have 3 on one side, 2 on another. This round he starts saying "omfg it's lame bringing clanners onto a public, don't all come on the same one" to which i replied "ok. next time we'll all avoid joining the server just to make you happy". He spouts off some more bull**** and eventually says "my clan would own you, don't even think you're good" i replied "#mortus - quakenet, challenge us". He then proceeded to go on a 10 minute rant about how his clan was the "best in europe and would kick our arses" before leaving the server.

Some people are idiotic beyond words, he's one of them :)

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
No, it's not lame unless you changing team every time the map rotates so you can both play on same team.

And at least, when wearing your clan tags, you are honest and tell people you are in same clan.
There are so many players who use other aliases when they join servers, so they can team-up without anyone notice.
But when you have been out there for awhile, you can still identify some of them.

dXII][Pa

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Jan 3, 2004
I love playing with/against clanmembers. But then again I mostly play CTF and it's waaaaay more fun when people are coordinated. Both your team and the other team.

The only thing I realy realy dislike is when clanmembers change team so they can be in the same team but acctually causing the teams to be very unbalanced. As in you have to play against a 4 clanmembers and you only have bots in your team. That sucks :(. Other than that, the more clammembers at the servers the better :D.

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
It's totally fine to join the same server, as long as you accept your fate and don't always flock to the same team (unless it helps balancing out the game). That's the way it should be done :tup:

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
The only way you can get better is to play with your clan members...whether it's pub or practice. I did get flak the other night from some ass who accused me and a clan m8 were deliberatly not killing eachother in an FFA DM. Stupid really...kill a clanmate and get accused of letting eachother pad your scores, don't kill em enough and get a accused of trying to co-op.

All this is why a lot of clan members don't even pub any more or alias to just to avoid hearing complaints.

eLy

Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
well lots of people do team up and it can get pretty annoying, so i can see how some players will start flaming and say you're teaming (even if you're not), just because they're loosing.

loosing does strange mutations to teh human ego.

X-0

May 6, 2001
Visit site
I actually prefer playing most clan players...usually they're better players and a better sport than the average trash-talker. Granted, there are some clans that lack basic manners, but on the whole it's better with than without. You can tell when people are deliberately teaming up or throwing the balance off, and usually I don't see that happen.

Atrocity

A.K.A. 'Celsius' via UT2K4
It's cool joining a server with a clan member. Very fun, especially if it's on CTF, you're on opposite teams, and you're both doing good. Then others in clans may notice you and challenge you, and more fun!

But right now I'm looking for a new clan. I want to get int ReZ, but they haven't quite got back with me yet. :p I think I'll make the cut.

Shayla Shayla

Officially General Hein's best friend!
Sep 24, 2001
Bristol, England
www.angelfire.com
I enjoy playing with clan members, its just everyone else that has to spoil the fun. In one particular team game we happened to end up on the same team and after winning, were told to "Stop using team games to practice team play." :eek:
I still never understood that....

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
A lot of what I want to say was already mentioned, but here goes anyway.
_Zd_Bee_ said:
Claiming we were cheating since we were in the same clan..(yeh what logic...:rolleyes: )
I don't know where that logic comes from either. That guy was probably just jealous that you two could play so well. :)
_Zd_Bee_ said:
My question, is it lame to both join the same server?
Do u like to play with clanplayers? (or more people wearing the same tag like BuF)
I don't think it's lame for two clanmembers to join the same public server. I've even seen four of five clanmembers from the same clan on a pub once, and it was still a balanced game. Like others here have said, what would make it lame is if all the clanmembers switch teams so it ends up being them against everyone else.
edhe said:
stick [Ci]* in the buddies and track us down eh?
Hmm...I already make attempts to track down you [Ci] people. Playing with you guys is fun when I feel the need to die repeatedly. ;)

BtthR

|Nerv|BtthR|Buf
Feb 27, 2004
CA
Isn't there a BuF clan?

If not..? Why not have one??
Obviously I'm no Admin but people in these forums see very cool and it would make for a cool clan if BuF started one!! :2thumb:

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
I enjoy most playing AGAINST my teammates on pubs (on teamgames).
I can play with them in clanwars several times a week but on pubs I can kick their asses! (ok most of the time I get mine kicked :p)

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
If a clan is teaming up against everyone else on a dm server, I don't generally like that (although I've been known to hunt those people down.)

Otherwise, it's all good - clanners generally have a clue, so it's almost always a good game, even if I get whooped. Today's whoopings are tomorrow's improvements in my skill.

BtthR, the |BuF tag isn't a clan tag at all afaik, it's just so we can find each other online. I think that was addressed in another thread, though....

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
The only Beyond Unreal clan so far is «BuA» Beyond Unreal Assassins. It's a Low Gravity, Instagib, 135 speed clan. It was formely known as Beyond Unreal Admins but was changed to Assassins in order to grow. (So i've been told by Bonecrusher)

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
_Zd_Bee_ said:

A course I do! It's a great way to learn. I had a blast with you and Jolt a cpl weeks back. \o/

I really don't go for clan/gang tags much at all really. It gives some people license to be jerks. But it's awful helpful in tracking all you people down for some gg's.

But when joining a server, I try not to think about the tags someone's wearing anyway, preferring instead to see everone as equals at first. I try to treat them with repsect, but I expect them to come correct as well. This isn't always the case...guess they'll never be able to make a patch for that ;)

Takara

Apr 11, 2004
Yes...being in a clan my self I enjoy playing with anyone who will kick my ass. I like learning...as frustrating as it is to get your ass kicked you need to learn from it. If you get mad or angry about it...you will never get better. I have had guys acuse me of using aimbots after i won a deathmatch with ALL sheild cannon kills. (played up to 40 frags) ....Hrmmm you know how well the aimbots work on melee weapons!

Any rate...I have yet to see a clan kick people out of a public server and take it over for practice...that would just be stupid. Most clans have their own server...if they are a real clan any how. They can play on what ever server they want and enjoy them selfs with whomever they want. If you don't like it...leave the game is about having fun...if your not having fun leave for a different server. Because forcing or asking clan members not to play together....whats the point of being in a clan!?!?!