The stats and ranking....?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2004
I know that there have been some problems with the stats server. Many problems infact.
But i bought the game and started playing the 2. april, and i cant even find my stats on their site. When i search for my name it doesnt find anything...
So heres my question. Can this be true? I find it very anoying and was wondering if anything else could disable the stats. Like firewall or something. But on the other hand its the servers that sends the stats, and not my comp right? The only thing i have to do is to enable the stats in options right?

PS: Yes ive crossed the stats thingie in options. And yes i play on stats games.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Hey The_Gremlin, welcome to BuF™!

Stats tracking doesn't seem to have any major problems. The one problem it does have, though, is that it is heavily delayed. Right now, it is delayed well over 2 weeks; the last match it has recorded was at 2004-03-24 21:35:38. So, I think I can safely say it will take a while for any of the matches you played to show up at all. Give it some time and eventually they'll be there (hopefully).

Have fun playing, and hope to see you around.

The_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2004
Then i will just wait and hope. Coz i think the stats tracking is a really cool part of the game. I love seeing how well (and how bad :D ) im doing. I was actually starting to think about installing the dbstats (or something like that) program. But it looks like an a** to install :( . So i guess i'll just have to wait. But thx for the fast reply :D

Atrocity

A.K.A. 'Celsius' via UT2K4
There was an official statement over on this over at the Atari forums. I can only sum it up as, they are having problems with the Master server, and the stats server is a necessary sacrifice in the meantime for things to get running again... now, I dunno if this means when it IS back up, if all stats will be reset, or they will be updated, but cross your fingers for the former...

And also, let's not even start joking about it being down as long as the 2k4 stats.

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
dont bother with the stats anyways :p the only useful one really is your efficiency.. but i mean, you can easily tell if you are getting killed more than you are killing :p

i dont like the stats system cuz it just shows who beats up on noobs the most. i mean, i could play in noob servers and get hundreds of kills a game, or i could play with other 1337 players and get like 15 kills a game.. i prefer the competition over the pretty stats.

Atrocity

A.K.A. 'Celsius' via UT2K4
{MåçE} said:
dont bother with the stats anyways :p the only useful one really is your efficiency.. but i mean, you can easily tell if you are getting killed more than you are killing :p

i dont like the stats system cuz it just shows who beats up on noobs the most. i mean, i could play in noob servers and get hundreds of kills a game, or i could play with other 1337 players and get like 15 kills a game.. i prefer the competition over the pretty stats.

Not really. You get more points for fragging higher ranking players than lower ranking players... this has been proven. So if someone is kicking your ass, put them on your buddy list and follow them around!

Stats are great to see how you are doing against other players, and overall how you are doing yourself... your strengths, your weaknesses. I've found that I get killed very often by flak, when I always thought I was a big victim of shock combos, when I really wasn't. I could go on, but won't... stats are great!

I think stats have and always will, seperate the Unreal Tournament series from other games in the genre.