PDA

View Full Version : frame rate in ut2003 map

vindicate
10th Apr 2004, 11:08 AM
Hey there

I made a map, but as you can guess it got a bad frame rate. I tryed to make some zones (nearly impossible because of the designing), but it aint help much. I tryed to give meshes simple box collision, not helping much eighter. I played my map on several computers. on slow ones it is indead worse but not much. I even upgraded my cpu from 2.0 ghz to 2.8 ghz but there is not change at all. What could be wrong? or what can i do more to change it?

vindicate
10th Apr 2004, 11:10 AM
If some one is intersred to play it before give some hints. Perhaps i could sent it by msn or something, before i post it officailly on nalycity.

darth_weasel
10th Apr 2004, 11:25 AM
you didn't mention anti-portals (http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Antiportal). see if that helps.

vindicate
10th Apr 2004, 11:32 AM
hmmm ic but what is the differance between a portal and a anti portal. I guess i have to place it the same way. (i never understood the ant-portal thing)

vindicate
10th Apr 2004, 11:51 AM
i tyed it and indead it frames up a lot, but i cant see any meshes on the outside of the anti portal.

darth_weasel
10th Apr 2004, 12:20 PM
i tyed it and indead it frames up a lot, but i cant see any meshes on the outside of the anti portal.

read the link, antiportals occlude whats behind then, so they shouldnt be used like zone portals

vindicate
10th Apr 2004, 12:35 PM
call me stupid, but i still dont see the use of the anti portal. i can walk everwhere so i can see the anti portal everywhere. even i hide it inside a building, still the doors are strange on one side.

vindicate
10th Apr 2004, 12:53 PM
i think i got the idea place them invisivble, like inside mesh walls, so beyond the wall will not be rendered.

vindicate
10th Apr 2004, 01:14 PM
hey tnx for the tip. it still aint running optimal, but it is already a lot better. i'm going to try to speed it more up a bit