PDA

View Full Version : Nostromo SpeedPad N52

(GR)Killer
9th Apr 2004, 08:20 PM
I just got this yesterday but even in the tutorials i try out it doesn't wanna work, for example i'm using the marco to do put my button name in, then start recording, then im putting in my move forward button+spacebar for jump cuz i'm doing a "moveforward,jump" macro to test this out, then i click stop recording and put it to "repeat macro while key is down" and have it for .30 of a second and click ok and try it and i move forward 1 time and hardly jump, anyone know what i'm doing wrong who has this and knows what to do? i'm not gonna do those 4 in 1, that's a bit too much, and i know some of you guys use it cuz i've heard you guys talking about it and some saying they use it.

ps- i'm not a cheater, just making things easier.

Ğetta
9th Apr 2004, 10:01 PM
Doesn't a trigger bot or wall hack just make things easier? :p

(sorry can't help ya)

(GR)Killer
9th Apr 2004, 10:36 PM
Could be... :o

(GR)Killer
9th Apr 2004, 11:09 PM
I've officially tried everything possible, i paid 40 bucks for it and got ripped off with a speedpad that's doesn't know how to do a damn marco.

The instructions in the manual to create a macro:

1.) It says type a name for it i did that

2.) It says leftclick start to record keyboard events i did that too :rolleyes:

3.) Wants me to type the macro commands in eg: forward button+jump button OMFG OMFG OMFG I DID THAT THAT ALREADY LIKE OMG!!!!!!!

4.) Now wants me to click the stop recording button WHAT THE HELL!!!!I JUST DID THAT!

5.) Now wants me to click ok and it'll save when i click ok check, and mate.

Now what? oh yeah i load the damn game after i saved it to my damn profile and it damn well loaded and it loaded the damn game and i created my own damn server and i tried to see if the damn controlls damnwell worked like it damnwell should have and it didn't work damnit!!!! i move forward 1 step every 7 seconds or so and i've been working on this damn thing for nearly 5 damn hours to get no damn where and i'm damn well damned pissed off because it damn well doesnt work

Ğetta
9th Apr 2004, 11:54 PM
Double tapping really isn't that hard.... :hmm:

(GR)Killer
10th Apr 2004, 12:03 AM
Actually it wasn't but lately the game hasn't let me jump too well, even with dodging at 1.00.

Richteralan
10th Apr 2004, 01:09 AM
Double tapping really isn't that hard.... :hmm:

yer need a pianist's hand to do that without a glitch..... :eek:

Jubei
10th Apr 2004, 06:49 AM
nostromo speedhack in my opinion is lame,if you can do all the moves with the keyboard that's fine with me but if you use something that wasn't intended by the programmers that's cheating as far i'm concerned,it takes skill and dedication to become good at any game,practice and you'll get better and learn dammit instead of being lazy.

PRG
10th Apr 2004, 11:31 AM
nostromo speedhack in my opinion is lame,if you can do all the moves with the keyboard that's fine with me but if you use something that wasn't intended by the programmers that's cheating as far i'm concerned,it takes skill and dedication to become good at any game,practice and you'll get better and learn dammit instead of being lazy.

Here Here, Jubei! :tup: I agree. I've been using a Nostromo n50 for XMP since September. I have not once thought of being a lame script kiddie and macroing moves(though I've known it's possible). When go up against me in game, you fight ME not some no skill macros.

(GR)Killer
10th Apr 2004, 12:07 PM
Hey XMP players i'm XMPs first cheater that you can prove :rolleyes:

Çapt.Øwnagë
10th Apr 2004, 01:00 PM
Doesn't a trigger bot or wall hack just make things easier? :p

(sorry can't help ya)
:lol: :tup: Some people NEED these advantages.

BaRrOw
10th Apr 2004, 01:26 PM
I think this is like the fifth "macros = cheating" thread we've had.... not that I disagree.

Whacked
10th Apr 2004, 01:26 PM
wtf are some of you high?
You act like you can make a macro that walks you to enemy base, grabs the arti, then does cartwheels home?
I dont use one of these pads, but I've got a sidewinder with the same recording/macro capabilities....if you think that can be used as any sort of cheat....hack...or even ADVANTAGE...you've been eatin' too many paint chips.
Really no different that piped binds and such...give the guy a break.
Killer - I tried this in UT with my sidewinder...its really useless. There really isnt anything you can program in that can be useful/effective in game...
Besides, you can almost accomplish the same thing using the | command in your binds...which is probably the method the guys who 'ragged' on ya are using. ;)

BaRrOw
10th Apr 2004, 01:51 PM
Alright, let me give a quick re-cap for those new to the forums who don't understand how these macro arguements go...

There are 2 groups. The first is the macro crowd, who see nothing wrong with using devices or scripts to make the game easier on themselves. The problem here is asking where to draw the line... Is having better perephrials than another player fair? Is a macro that makes you dodge quickly and easily alright? How about using a wall-hack in this game, that is already easy to see enemies in? How about a aim bot to make shooting easier?

The second group, that I fall into, are the bitchy old men that sit on their front proch, yelling at the youngin's walking by, telling them how, back in OUR day, we didn't HAVE jumpjets, and we had to WALK to the enemy node, which was 8 miles away, in 6 feet of snow, up-hill both ways!

Long story short, group one gets defensive, group two starts bitching, and then we all forget about it for a few months until someone else makes a thread like this again.

[[Vash]]
10th Apr 2004, 02:23 PM
The second group, that I fall into, are the bitchy old men that sit on their front proch, yelling at the youngin's walking by, telling them how, back in OUR day, we didn't HAVE jumpjets, and we had to WALK to the enemy node, which was 8 miles away, in 6 feet of snow, up-hill both ways!

Long story short, group one gets defensive, group two starts bitching, and then we all forget about it for a few months until someone else makes a thread like this again.

LMAO. I love the part with the old men and the back in the day ****. That's awesome. Oh and it's really true that for a few months people will forget and then some newbie will come along and start a thread about cheaters, I would know because I did the same thing. :D

(GR)Killer
10th Apr 2004, 05:01 PM
wtf are some of you high?
You act like you can make a macro that walks you to enemy base, grabs the arti, then does cartwheels home?
I dont use one of these pads, but I've got a sidewinder with the same recording/macro capabilities....if you think that can be used as any sort of cheat....hack...or even ADVANTAGE...you've been eatin' too many paint chips.
Really no different that piped binds and such...give the guy a break.
Killer - I tried this in UT with my sidewinder...its really useless. There really isnt anything you can program in that can be useful/effective in game...
Besides, you can almost accomplish the same thing using the | command in your binds...which is probably the method the guys who 'ragged' on ya are using. ;)

I have yet to bind any keys, don't know how it works and didn't really care how it works. I've tried for 7 hours last night trying to figure how to use the macro but unsuccessful at it so i've given up and since you said it's useless i guess it's a good thing i gave up before i started getting physical and throwing stuff everywhere (i do that alot when i'm very pissed) :lol:

ps- you are omni whacked, right?

Whacked
10th Apr 2004, 05:39 PM
yah thats me. and don't necessarily take my word for it....I just didn't think the macro stuff had much real purpose. I just can't think of anything you could script that could be useful in game...

Ğetta
11th Apr 2004, 02:08 AM
Alright, let me give a quick re-cap for those new to the forums who don't understand how these macro arguements go...

There are 2 groups. The first is the macro crowd, who see nothing wrong with using devices or scripts to make the game easier on themselves. The problem here is asking where to draw the line... Is having better perephrials than another player fair? Is a macro that makes you dodge quickly and easily alright? How about using a wall-hack in this game, that is already easy to see enemies in? How about a aim bot to make shooting easier?

And there is the 3rd group, like me, who have no strong feelings about the matter either way.

I know the guy from in game, I was just playing devils advocate & teasing him.

(TBH anything that stops him jumpin’ up and down spamming nades’ has my full approval!) :p

BaRrOw
11th Apr 2004, 02:57 AM
Bah, jump on one of the band wagons Detta... there's plenty of room!

Ğetta
11th Apr 2004, 03:34 AM
lol, well seeing as I dont use macro's I am left with little choice. :p

OMG killer didnt i tell ya a week ago "ITS USELESS". I was wrong... RIGHT?

PLEASE i beg you... come back to group #3 (or #2 if u have to)

P.s. i cant believe u still not 'figured it out'... arent you overlooking something? There must be something silly going on... what keyboard mouse were u using? U sure u follow the instructions to the letter? I am quite sure u just too focused on getting it done that u skipped one of essencial details.

Feel free to drop me a line in email... i know u might think "och icq dun know, cant do, bla bla"...

(GR)Killer
11th Apr 2004, 05:28 AM
OMG killer didnt i tell ya a week ago "ITS USELESS". I was wrong... RIGHT?

PLEASE i beg you... come back to group #3 (or #2 if u have to)

P.s. i cant believe u still not 'figured it out'... arent you overlooking something? There must be something silly going on... what keyboard mouse were u using? U sure u follow the instructions to the letter? I am quite sure u just too focused on getting it done that u skipped one of essencial details.

Feel free to drop me a line in email... i know u might think "och icq dun know, cant do, bla bla"... Don't remember you telling me. What's group #3? and it's my keyboard/mouse i'm using. I did read the instructions but it wasn't working the way it was supposed to.

Drop you a line? ouch icq, i dunno, i can't, blah blah. ;)

Çapt.Øwnagë
11th Apr 2004, 03:52 PM
I had a perfect side by side demonstration of the huge "quickness" or "speed" diference between no macro and macro movement and it's humanly impossible to move as fast, so in my oppinion it's bull$hit. If you think you're so good then don't use them. And if you NEED them well then you suck! There are no bragging rights when you implement a funtion that removes almost all of the human input. Your not skilled when you can push only one button and execute several! Why do you think the unreal engine dose not allow internal binding for dodging? DUH! If it's not built into the game then It's an advantage that has no respect from me.

Whacked
11th Apr 2004, 04:09 PM
lol....name one instance where any macro move would be of any use fighting Choke or Nept....or are you using some new h4x0r version of macro recording with special 'prediction' capabilities? :D It would be nothing but an incredible DISadvantage.
Only one function it could possibly be used for in XMP that might help at all...that'd be one button boost dodging...but even that - if you really think about it, its just going to hurt in the long run.
This could be stretching it...but work w/ me a bit - What if you grabbed an arti, were about to land a great boost dodge out of their base....and then you see Choke or Nept out of the corner of your eye....if u already hit your one boost dodge button and started flyin - you're dead before you even hit your peak. If you werent already committed to some scripted action, you could do what needs to be done in that situation - stop the boost & kill them with 2 shots (usually the only option against those 2) heh...those damn cheating 'other' Omni rangers :/

(GR)Killer
11th Apr 2004, 04:30 PM
Stupid cheaters :mad: :D

Richteralan
11th Apr 2004, 06:17 PM
aw.......anyone practise piano?

(GR)Killer
12th Apr 2004, 03:20 AM
no

I had a perfect side by side demonstration of the huge "quickness" or "speed" diference between no macro and macro movement and it's humanly impossible to move as fast, so in my oppinion it's bull$hit. If you think you're so good then don't use them. And if you NEED them well then you suck! There are no bragging rights when you implement a funtion that removes almost all of the human input. Your not skilled when you can push only one button and execute several! Why do you think the unreal engine dose not allow internal binding for dodging? DUH! If it's not built into the game then It's an advantage that has no respect from me.

Couldnt have said it better! There are a few guys that are super fast (but suck at almost everything else) and when they zoef zoef by me with an capped arti i just let him go and say "RUN FOR IT!". If he enjoys running from A to B and ignoring everything else in the game then im sorry... YOUR BEING IGNORED as well.

A few guys do use macro alike tricks to be faster... maybe even mem pokes or such to be faster then the rest... or they trained on running away. It sometimes annoys me when such guys 'spoil a game'... especially when others start to think "thats the way to play it".

Hello... have you ever played a round where everybody runs from arti node A to arti node B only? Can u say u enjoy it? Im serious quite a few times i've seen 2 rangers on an arti node calling for "ENERGY ENERGY"... while the other 2 arti's are stolen (by 2 other rangers). They got no points... no energy... no fun... and hell i aint going to retrieve or get energy or defend (whats there to defend anyways). Let them have fun jumping and hiding around in the base. Or let them wet their pants going into battle again to get energy while i getting a drink. HAVE FUN WITH IT.

aw.......anyone practise piano?
LMAO :D

Too many rangers in a server just aint no fun, hell try that for example on the powerstruggle map. Why aint there any special 'ranger only' servers? Me playing ranger for 5 minutes makes me feel stepping back in time... and since i play public often being ranger is plain boring. And it gets annoying when i run into a few skilled rangers (crossfire). Best tactic on that is to see where they are (camp) and then bore them to death.

Don't remember you telling me. What's group #3?

I figured that... i even used caps but... (that time we all were in a server and u asked if it would be a good idea to get one)...

Group #3 is made by detta (read back pls).

U cant drop a line? Didnt u need to have email to register here? Or u can use PM. What is the exact problem ur having anyways? Speedy ranger movement right? The jumps etc. etc.
Sure u (one) can automate them but if u not able to do them without it then ur one step too far. Besides automated gameplay aint no fun (thrust me). Then ur better of spectating.

Still the basic dodge/boost/wall jumps u gotto master... its all in the wrist (and the proper keybinds). No not sneaky scripts... things like JUMP or BOOST on middle mouse. The timing of when to dodge, boost and or face away from a wall.

Ask to the rangers u like what ninds they use... sure some of them are scared or too lazy to tell you. Or they feel leet by having/using it. Or they are afraid they loose friends or arent cool anymore if everybody uses 'the same'.

Still i have no clue.. where r u at? Whats ur problem? (PM me if u want)

BaRrOw
12th Apr 2004, 12:43 PM
Hello... have you ever played a round where everybody runs from arti node A to arti node B only? Can u say u enjoy it? Im serious quite a few times i've seen 2 rangers on an arti node calling for "ENERGY ENERGY"... while the other 2 arti's are stolen (by 2 other rangers). They got no points... no energy... no fun... and hell i aint going to retrieve or get energy or defend (whats there to defend anyways). Let them have fun jumping and hiding around in the base. Or let them wet their pants going into battle again to get energy while i getting a drink. HAVE FUN WITH IT.

Actually, that can be fun... it comes down from being a contest of frags to a contest of who is the fastest and, while in some cases that you were referencing this wasn't the case, who can grab energy/deploys on the run from node to node.

Don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps the reason that you don't think arti-running is fun is because it isn't your forte... Or maybe you play a gunner or tech. I don't know, so I'm not saying anything for certain. However, there is a bit of a thrill associated with being able to dash through a heavily defended node at light speed, only to have to run as fast as you can manage to get away from the now-pissed defenders chasing you.