Remote Strike UT2004 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Romanov, the project designer of Remote Strike, sent word that the UT2004 version of the realism weapons mod has been released. He notes that all the features from the UT2003 version are present, along with many more enhancements and improvements.
You can get the mutator here.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
So I'm having trouble installing it because someone can't be bothered specifying a version number for UT2K4 here. OH NO, I HAVE A PROBLEM, I MUST BE TROLLING!!

Actually here is a pic so you can see for yourself.

Attachments

• GCS0007.jpg
    GCS0007.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 155

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
so I extracted all the files with a umod tool, installed it manually, and none of the weapons summon. Real impressive outing here Romanov. Next time you release something, want to make sure it works?

edit: the non-umod is the same. Congratulations, you have officially bungled UT2K4's first big release.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I've managed to install this, but it doesn't show up on the Mods list in-game (in the Community section).

Anyone who is making a mod or TC for UT2004 needs to read this page. UT2004 is the first UT that allows mods to use a directory structure seperate from the base game. Please make use of this new functionality. :)

U

UnregisteredX

The umod installed just fine for me. After launching the game, I selected the Remote Strike Weapons mutator, and boomf! the new weapons. I'm enjoying this mod quite a bit. Thumbs up from me.

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
The Umod itself worked for me just fine, but unfortunately this release suffers from the same problems I've had as the ut2003 versions did. I can select it as a mutator but there's no configuration options for that mutator so you can't decide which gun replaces which (and threfore no way to keep link guns in ONS). There are a few new key commands available in the input window but I only found "reload" to be of any use. The main problem I'm having is that there's no way to aim. Only one weapon has a crosshair, and none of them seem to have iron sights enabled (at least none that I could get to work).

The official web page hasn't been updated with this news either.
It's kind of sad, with a few little tweaks this could be a truly great Mut for the game.

ApostleX3000

unit 3000-21 is warming
Jan 7, 2001
New York
Visit site
Works for worm2k4, which works for me. I've been anticipatng the RS release more then any other mod/mute, and the new gauss bolt reload anim rocks. No disappointments here.

Attachments

• Shot00082.png
    Shot00082.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 79

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
works fine

yall have a sad problem if ya cant get this working - just double click the umod, specify your ut2004 directory and let it go. to play, go to instant action, select the remote strike mutator and Boom baby you got ur new guns. they work fine for me, and as for crosshairs they all have a red dot that gets bigger and smaller depending how far away ur looking. great weapon models, except the rocket launcher replacement which looks extremely flat. it still is fun as crap though, and the weapons are all very powerful.

and one cool thing - in onslaught the shotgun alternate fire does 49 damage to the power core (try it!) and i think it completely destroys a node in one hit (max of two). and also the sniper kicks ass! :sniper:

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Zaccix said:
I've managed to install this, but it doesn't show up on the Mods list in-game (in the Community section).

Anyone who is making a mod or TC for UT2004 needs to read this page. UT2004 is the first UT that allows mods to use a directory structure seperate from the base game. Please make use of this new functionality. :)

As for getting it to work, that's another question, Zac.

Try as I might, I can't seem to grasp the function of the mod support tool when you still need to dump some of your files in 2k4's main folders. That and everything I tried still didn't show up in the mod menu.

As long as people include readmes detailing all the files included in the zip, I don't see why all this mumble jumble with separate folders is needed. If you want to know which files to delete, look in the zip or read the readme.

After uninstalling UT2003, you might need to re-add the .ut2mod support.
To do this, go to Tools - Folder Options - File Types (in Explorer)

Add UT2MOD as a new extension, then click Edit. Create a new action called Install. Then navigate to your 2k4 System folder and select Setup.exe then add the parameter Install %1

So mine would look like:

D:\Ut2004\System\Setup.exe Install %1

That should do it.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
There's an example mod at the bottom of that page that shows how to add a mod in it's own dir. I tried it last night and while it's very basic, it did do everything it's supposed to. I just dropped the mod dir into C:\UT2004, and it showed up in the mod menu. I then activated it, and played the test map.

The point of seperate dirs is to make mod making cleaner with regards to the filesystem. Who wants to trawl through readmes in order to uninstall a mod, when they could just delete the mod dir and that's it - it's gone? Also, a lot of people delete the original zip when they've installed a mod, and can't be expected to re-download it just to find out what to delete.

Although ut4mod files (are meant to) make things easier with regards to installing and uninstalling mods, they can still fall victim to the mod author dumping everything into the base dirs and cluttering things up. I don't know about anyone else, but from now on I'll be kinda wary about full-blown mods with tens or hundreds of files that are dumped into my base dirs.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
That Test Mod is basic though. It uses no definitions to define gametypes or mutators, and I expect DrSin deliberately didn't use those, because for the moment the only way you can get your custom gametypes or mutators to appear is to stick them in 2k4's own System directory - exactly what the purpose of the mod support was to get away from, as shown in this thread.

Let's hope Epic fixes this in the next patch. :p