Skinning Help Unreal II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

neovico

Apr 8, 2004
Hi there

Is possible to export any texture from Unreal II. I mean, i open the UnrealED, is version 3.0, but when i selected some texture and i try to export there´s no a new file, i had read that i must to export in DDS but doesnt works.....seems compressed, i dont know. What are the correctly steps??. The idea is to take the original faces of the characters of the game and change them with other faces, and after it, import to the game and that it works...

Thanks in advance

Take care

neovico

Sengoku

Apr 9, 2004
www.digitalunity.net
Well mate, if you read my thread (Going Insane) Ive actually found out directly from Epic that it is indeed copyright infringement to copy stuff from unreal2 over to something else, even ut2k3/4. Balls, i know but there you go.

Anyway, i got the textures out by simply loading them all in the textures bit then taking screenshots of each 512x512 map and pasting them into photoshop.

Sen

neovico

Apr 8, 2004
Ok, i had supossed something like this. Anyway is not for injure any law, i mean, is for myself entertainmet, when i play in single player and i want to see for example Vin Diesel and Angelina Jolie in my game, doing as stars of it.

Thanks for answer. And, sure, the next question, if they are compressed and the only way is taking ss and editing them on photoshop....how to import this new textures to the game?

Thanks and take care

neovico

Sengoku

Apr 9, 2004
www.digitalunity.net
Dont quote me on this coz at the time of writing this i havent even received ut2k4 from amazon yet! But id imagine you just save the files with the same options as the ones in ut...

Eg. 8bit/16bit/24bit etc. Anyone else?

Sen