Keeping downloaded files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
well you can go into advanced options and change your purge cache days for 99999999
or each time you download something, pay attention to what size the file is and what its name is, then go into you cache folder and rename it (according to the size of the file) and then put it in the corosponding folder

any one know an easier way?

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
There is no east way to restore cache to the normal files. It is explained in UnrealReference.

The best option is indeed to keep your cache files forever. Open Unreal.ini, go to the option PurgeCacheDays= (under[Core.System]) and change it to PurgeCacheDays=0. 0 means: never purge cache.

I advise anyone to handle it's cache like gold, and backup it from time to time (copy it to an other folder or burn it on CD) In this way, your cache folder may grow large, but after a while you can join the most servers without downloading a single file.

(I'm building my cache since 1999, and it already 3 gigs large. This may be an exception, but if you play much online the cache folder will grow to several hundred MB's.)