FF7 vs. XMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
very few games i play evoke an emotion capable of captivating me. there have been times in xmp scrims where my hands have gotten shakey with the pure addreniline rush surging through my body. the last time i can remember such a feeling was playing the masterpiece that was ff7 as a young teen. It defined a season of my life, and holds a feeling that remains vibrant and unaltered in my very being. I was hooked on videogames from their on, growing through goldeneye, the quakes, and ut's. xmp has grown on me in these past months and the similarities between what i had experienced as a youth and growing into adulthood at 21 are astonishing. The beauty and grace in movement and gameplay of xmp is unrivaled in any game i have played in years. In a 3D world where everything is considered a rehashed cocauphony of gaming reproduction, xmp has refined the possibilities of team play through a class/game management system to sheer perfection. If only the elite gamers with an undying passion remain fixated to xmp's future, i for one will always hold a captivated place in my heart for it.

the love of the game.

p37g01df15h

/me bubbles
Feb 25, 2004
I remember the first time I played FF7. I was at my friends house, and we were about to go to sleep, and I saw that he had it. I'd seen my friends at school with the manuals and crap and they talked about it so much so I thought to myself "I have to check this out." Anyways, I pop it in, and start playing. Next thing I know, my friend is waking up, it's 8 hours later, and I had just gotten to Don Corneo. I was hooked. Needless to say, the first playthrough of FF7 would have to be my most enjoyable gaming experience yet.
First time playing XMP, it was the demo. I remember thinking to myself "Hahaha, I just hacked their deploy point!!!" XMP definately had me hooked from then on. I can remember several matches where my hands were shaking so bad it was hard to dodge, the gameplay really is exhilerating. If people could only get past its cosmetic shortcomings, XMP could be one of the greatest online games ever.

Mar 6, 2004
This game rules most of the time, i tend to move in the chair when i dodge burst ahead and in some fights like i'm the guy jumping and heart gets pumping and my fists clench. This is my first game i've ever played that's done that too.

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
FF7 I thought was cool, didn't play through it though - mostly watched my brother play and beat it. Though I would have to say I liked FF6 - and I played a lot of FF9. But neways, I agree with you about XMP...though I have seen some rather awkward things........like watching a rocket go through the corner of a wall, but w/e - game is fun period and when you play some more afterwards you tend to forget about it in the stream line of things.

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
Dead_Metal said:
........like watching a rocket go through the corner of a wall, but w/e - game is fun period and when you play some more afterwards you tend to forget about it in the stream line of things.

Yeah, gotta love it when gas seeps through what appears to be a concrete wall. :rolleyes:

I played FF7 and loved it, and I'm not one for RPG's. However I will say that playing Grandia II on my Dreamcast [::reminises::] kept me going for days, and weeks. I spent a summer working on it. My disappointment came near the end of the game when the disks failed because they were burned [yes I am cheap and poor]. I spent countless hours of work on this game. I bought it for PS2, but I haven't had that same vigor towards it. ::sighs::

Last edited:

Oh_Duh

{NB}Tenacity
Feb 24, 2004
(GR)Killer said:
This game rules most of the time, i tend to move in the chair when i dodge burst ahead and in some fights like i'm the guy jumping and heart gets pumping and my fists clench. This is my first game i've ever played that's done that too.

I move so much I finally had to tape up the wheels on my chair to keep it from moving. Sometimes I would find myself 3 feet from the desk.

I really get into this game.

BattleAxe

who me?
Apr 6, 2004
Ahh the good old days:
a good comm program, a 2400 internet dialup, and a MUD
network Doom and a reasonable employer (Is IPX really useful for anything else?) :)

Yes, I'm older than dirt.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
I know i'm addicted to xmp,i tried to get away,i tried to even stay away for one day but...,there's something that make me always come back,is it the teamplay? Is it the near perfection ctf mode,is it the wonderful players that you can have fun with or maybe is it that you know the more you play you'll eventually get better,i don't know but i do know that i'm gonna need rehab in 6-7 months when tribes vengeance is out.

Oh_Duh

{NB}Tenacity
Feb 24, 2004
Jubei said:
I know i'm addicted to xmp,i tried to get away,i tried to even stay away for one day but...,there's something that make me always come back,is it the teamplay? Is it the near perfection ctf mode,is it the wonderful players that you can have fun with or maybe is it that you know the more you play you'll eventually get better,i don't know but i do know that i'm gonna need rehab in 6-7 months when tribes vengeance is out.

I'm beginning to doubt the get better thing :lol:

Mar 6, 2004
Oh_Duh said:
I move so much I finally had to tape up the wheels on my chair to keep it from moving. Sometimes I would find myself 3 feet from the desk.

I really get into this game.

lol "OMG OMG WHY AREN'T I SHOOTING ANYONE?? wait...i'm 20 feet away from the computer,duh!!!!!"
" i quit, time to retire this game *3 minutes later* ok, who's ready to die?"
"wow, that person's too good, i keep getting spanked"

DJM312

Beta tester
Oct 3, 2003
Bristol,Ct.
Visit site
Yeah , this game is awesome . It holds a place in my heart since day one of beta testing , as a matter of fact I stiil have all the beta maps , beta game.exe and beta patches . It's just something I don't want to lose . The adrenaline rush is still there , the pounding on the keyboard to boost jump out of the way of the raptor. Going one on one with a sniper , It's all there . What an amazing game .

Status
Not open for further replies.