PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

WhiteDragon
6th Apr 2004, 10:30 PM
Hey All,

Figure I'll start by introducing myself, my name is Daniel, (aka White Dragon).

Once long ago I played this game called "Unreal Tournament"... it's been a while, but I've picked up the habit again with the arrival of UT2004.

I'm a programmer so naturally I want to work on a mod of some sort ;) I've done a fair bit of reading and some experimenting with UnrealScript and map making (nothing release-worthy mind you) but I'm quite interested in the JailBreak gametype.

I guess my first question should be - how can I help out?

I wouldn't mind starting on a map or two for the gametype, but from what I understand of things so far, I need a "JailBreak.u" file in order to use the custom JB* actors that you guys have been working on (?)

I checked the IRC channel, bunch of people hanging out there, all AFK - I'll try again later.

Anyhow, let me know who to talk to / where to go =)

-- WDragon.

(PS - the JB Dev wiki appears to be down atm)

Bathory
7th Apr 2004, 02:01 AM
WELCOME !! ;)

TK v3
7th Apr 2004, 03:24 AM
Hey. I've been mapping for a while but I haven't released anything, bar my conversion of DM-Conveyor, which I think is now lost unless it's on Nalicity.

And I hope to see you on Lockdown, boy!

Boost
7th Apr 2004, 05:01 AM
:wavey: Hello and welcome

Hope you will be playing some jailbreak on the mothership, if you do, I could introduce you to my flak canon. :lol:

Mychaeel
7th Apr 2004, 05:39 AM
I'm a programmer so naturally I want to work on a mod of some sort ;) I've done a fair bit of reading and some experimenting with UnrealScript and map making (nothing release-worthy mind you) but I'm quite interested in the JailBreak gametype.

I guess my first question should be - how can I help out?
We'll sure find something for you. :)

I checked the IRC channel, bunch of people hanging out there, all AFK - I'll try again later.
You'll probably be luckier when it's afternoon or evening in Europe -- right now, for instance.

(PS - the JB Dev wiki appears to be down atm)
As long I'm sitting and typing here, it's not. :p

Perhaps it's a DNS updating issue -- JDN is hosted on my computer here at home, and my ISP forcefully disconnects me and changes my IP every 24 hours. It might take a short while until mychaeel.no-ip.com is updated at your place -- try "ipconfig /flushdns" in a Windows console window to clear your local DNS cache.

tarquin
10th Apr 2004, 03:32 PM
Howdy!
We can always put another coder to good use .... *thinks of the ToDo list and the bugs*
And there's always new add-ons to code if you have ideas.

Mych can handle giving you JDN access. I think I usually ask the BU admin to grant people access to the coredev boards. Off to do that now...

tarquin
11th Apr 2004, 09:51 AM
OK, you now have access to our development forums :)

WhiteDragon
11th Apr 2004, 11:52 AM
I noticed - thanks! :-)