The most important room

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What is the most important room in a house, in terms of quality?

• Master bedroom

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Master bathroom

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Entrance hallway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kitchen

• Living room

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Recreational room

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • All are equally important

• None, as long as they all function.

• Other (please state)

• Total voters

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
What is the first thing you criticize/notice when you walk into a hotel/friend's house/motel, regardless of chronological order? Are the features in a bathroom more important than the artwork in a living room, or the comfortability of a matress in the master bedroom?

UncleOsmov

The beauty of AWD!
Mar 20, 2002
Chicaaago
I think the things I notice most when I go into a house are the master bathroom, TV setup and kitchen

Last edited:

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Assuming this is refering to a friend's house and not a significant other/flufflemate's house, I'll say the recreational room. That's where I end up spending the most time.

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
Maybe it's because I'm 14, but it's the recreational room, for me. I currently sleep in a room that's just two matresses stacked on eachother, a fan on a tiny desk, and a little dresser thingy to hold my clothes. Everything looks stained too, but I don't care, it's just there for sleeping :p

The bathrooms I don't really care about, as long as they're not TOO clean. It's okay to have a clean bathroom, but in a TOO clean bathroom I get nervous. I never know which towels are for wiping hands, whether we can use the soap or if it's for decoration, etc.

And in most houses I've been in, the living room is pretty much the same as the recreational room, like my friend's house. He's got a pool table in the living room.

I don't care much for kitchens, though.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
You people with your big houses, tse tse tse. Over here we live in flats with three rooms in average, one bath and one kittchen. One room for the parents, one for the child and one living room. I didn't even know what a recreational room is till now. Now that beeing said, the most important room is, of course, the torture chamber. :D

Seriously, as far as I can remember back, my room was always living room, recreational and bedroom combined so that one is the most important for me, but I don't care for features like pictures, a nice looking bedspread or other frippery neither in my nor in other peoples homes.

[C22]-Mort

Retired but wearing the tag with pride!
Aug 18, 2003
Cornwall
www.morte.force9.co.uk
I have a young son so Kitchen and bathroom are equally as important to me!

Once Food & Hygiene needs are met, other rooms can be sorted fairly quickly, Kitchens & Bathrooms however take a lot longer to do a competant job!

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
ecale3 said:
I really don't care either way.
you should probably vote for that, as it's in the list.

Geno said:
I never know which towels are for wiping hands, whether we can use the soap or if it's for decoration, etc.
hahaha, thats quite true! An easy way to tell about the soap is; if it has birdseed flecks/raccoon skat in it, its probably not for hand use.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Anywho, i voted Master Bathroom. I'm not sure why, but effort on a particular room is most valued by me when i'm in the bathroom. I'd be more interested in the design of a faucet than that of a living room fireplace.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I'm more of a "form follows function" type of guy. I don't like rooms that are sooo clean that they apear sterile. Or rooms that are for looks only. For example a number of my friends have rooms in their homes that contain a "fancy" furnature, that is never ever used.. to me, that's absolutly a huge waste of space, it serves no purpose.

I prefer rooms that are setup with a functional purpose in mind. I like "style" but only so long as it doesn't comprimise function. For example if the towles in the bathroom are so decrotive that you can't determine if they're actually supposed to be used like in geno's situation, then that's bad.

w00p

Windows at its best
I have this old barn in my backyard, and have decorated a room wich used to be for storing wheat and hop and other stuff to make beer (back in the 18th century that is!).
Put up some electricity, 1 TL, a few old pieces of furniture, and one old little bed.
That room pwns, though I hardly ever actually sit there.
When a friend comes over, offcourse, we take a bottle of this, a bottle of that, some food and go to the barn, just to hang out, but for the rest?
Its just one of those recreational rooms that you use once in a blue moon.

I am attached to it though, and once we get a proper lock and finish some of the electricity and the last pieces of furniture, I may put some of my stuff in there permanently, but now? nah.
Kitchen still doesn't get owned by any room.
IT HAS FOOD FFS!!1! :eek:
:p