Another question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2004
Ok, i've seen alot of players with ace aims so my question is...is there a chance that some people just wont have good aim, period? even with hours upon hours of playing (if this is me then i should give up on shooting games)? i've spent atleast 200+ hours on this game and i can't even shoot something point blank with my aimer aimed on them...btw this is my computer

Kenora 650 with Video, Sound, and LAN
Intel Pentium 4 2.0AGHz
PC2100 512MB DDR
80GB, U100, 7200RPM
8x DVD/12x CD-RW Combo
1.44 MB Floppy
GeForce 4 MX440 64MB w/TVOUT
Universal Tower
TCO Tower
250 watts power supply
MS wheel optical mouse
Internet keyboard
Speakers
Windows XP HOME ED ENG MANUAL/COA
RCD wind XP home english v1.2
MS WORK SUITE 2002
WINDVD 2000 VER 3.1
1 year desktop

Takes 2 seconds usually to fire no matter what my ping is, this is also my first game i've had this much trouble with that i havn't gave up on.

ps- i complain alot, i know :(

Quitrix

DCSB member
Mar 16, 2004
Finland
If you cant hit after 200+ hours of playing, its about ping, or computer. That comp should run XMP with bit lower graphics just fine. DL the All seeing eye or something and join servers with low ping... Or get beter connection.

Mar 6, 2004
Quitrix said:
If you cant hit after 200+ hours of playing, its about ping, or computer. That comp should run XMP with bit lower graphics just fine. DL the All seeing eye or something and join servers with low ping... Or get beter connection.

Well...my computer tends to go slow alot and sometimes doesn't even load,period. btw i remember you, i asked about your aim last night...i was Killer (green colored name).

Aethelgrin

Now playing, EVE Online. Do not disturb.
Apr 6, 2004
France
www.high-on-coffee.org
I don't know how many hours I've played this game but somedays my ping keeps shifting and THAT makes really hard to hit something.
Bring up the console and type "stat net", there check out if your ping changes a lot...
Try different servers. Jolts are quite good but tends to raise my ping when it's nearly full.
That may also be your computer? At least I would consider buying a new Video card. I don't lag much from my hardware but I sure know how hard it is to aim when you get 20 FPS...
But maybe you already know all of that.

Last edited:

Quitrix

DCSB member
Mar 16, 2004
Finland
Ah yes you.. I remember. I've practiced a lot, and you did prove to be quite a challenge (once in a while). If fps goes down, you might need a better video card, i have Radeon 9600 pro and 2.6GHz P4, i run xmp in 1280x1024 all settings ultra high and i get constant 30-70 ping (depending on map and where i am there). Sirocco drops my fps to about 10 when im zooming from cliffside to red base but i guess its the sandstorm... I can hit well becouse im used to the constant 200 ping of servers (i wont join servers with less or more anymore, my aim suffers badly).

Mar 6, 2004
Aethelgrin said:
I don't know how many hours I've played this game but somedays my ping keeps shifting and THAT makes really hard to hit something.
Bring up the console and type "stat net", there check out if your ping changes a lot...
Try different servers. Jolts are quite good but tends to raise my ping when it's nearly full.
That may also be your computer? At least I would consider buying a new Video card. I don't lag much from my hardware but I sure know how hard it is to aim when you get 20 FPS...
But maybe you already know all of that.
Welcome to the board and i left asoon as you sniped me jumping up and getting me as after i kept spamming bs and said i'm out :D anyway i don't know how much fps i'm getting...i'm not computer smart either. I'm from Canada playing in a uk server so my ping should always be above 150. I'm going to be buying a new computer all together, one i'm looking at is almost fully loaded too.

Mar 6, 2004
Quitrix said:
Ah yes you.. I remember. I've practiced a lot, and you did prove to be quite a challenge (once in a while).

Dodge=1.00 ;)

For now, i'm working hard on my dodging.

Quitrix

DCSB member
Mar 16, 2004
Finland
How fast conn do you have? I've got 128kbps ISDN and to Jolt i have pretty stable 190-220 ping...

Quitrix

DCSB member
Mar 16, 2004
Finland
Hmm... Cables are usually pretty fast, if i remember correctly? Do you share the cable with other people? That might cause lag. My dodge is still at the default.. its fine that way. I can press the keys fast enough :)

Aethelgrin

Apr 6, 2004
France
www.high-on-coffee.org
Cable modems really come in hands in a course for being the best sniper ever. Without one, and even on a server very near from you I guess it's impossible to get lower than 80 ping... Though I've got a 1024/128 connection. AND THERE'S NO FRENCH SERVERS IN MY LIST (how odd? Such idlers we are).
And why when I press F1 I've got about 50 ping less than what would displays stat net at the same time? Whatever the server, time of day... Is this a bug?

Aethelgrin

Apr 6, 2004
France
www.high-on-coffee.org
(GR)Killer said:
Welcome to the board and i left asoon as you sniped me jumping up and getting me as after i kept spamming bs and said i'm out :D anyway i don't know how much fps i'm getting...i'm not computer smart either. I'm from Canada playing in a uk server so my ping should always be above 150. I'm going to be buying a new computer all together, one i'm looking at is almost fully loaded too.

Whatever you think it was a pretty nice shoot :D, I must admit. But he, Canada from UK no wonder you get like 150 ping... That's what I saw when I typed F1. If you still can snipe people with 150 ping you're really persistent. I wish I had a cable modem (and may soon change by the way). When I picked up ADSL I hadn't realized the difference Cable modems makes when it comes to ping. So for all that wonder, YES IT IS IMPORTANT FFS! But France's Cable network is poor and not cheap at all, with limited access (512k max, a shame!)

Quitrix

DCSB member
Mar 16, 2004
Finland
Aethel, i guess the ping that server shows is the ping from your comp to server, not your comp to server and back.

Quitrix

DCSB member
Mar 16, 2004
Finland
"If you still can snipe people with 150 ping you're really persistent"

I got 200 ping at jolt and im 95% Ranger (= all the time unless im forced to not be)

Mar 6, 2004
Yeah it was a good shot...FLUKE!!! ;) anyway thanks for the help guys, i'm gonna get a better cpu and i'm waiting for my Nostromo speedpad n52 to come in (supposed to be 3 buisness days and yesterday was buisness day number 3).

thebigguy

[{OSN}]bigguy
Dec 12, 2003
ppl saying ay got fast cons a little tip wud be to switch it to say modem and ya will get a better ping cos it will give ya not alot off info fast so will give ya better ping prob and secondly ppl that have come across my widowmaker(cos shot someone from othere side off map wen he had a artifac and got his wit a head shot :D :D ) :lol: :lol: have been surprise that i am on 56k dail up and me spec off pc is amd xp 1700 + 1.47ghz 786mb ram and a 128mb radeon 9200se g card

Last edited:

Silver Sequence

XMP Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2004
I have that problem a lot too...every server has a slight different "hit" area based on ping/how many people are playing. For instance on MYU, where I usually play (I'm Drunken btw), I aim at the forward edge of the body. For instance if someone is coming down from a jump I aim for the feet, and usually get a headshot. The downside is that if you change servers alot you'll find yourself haloing people (shooting all around them because that's wher you're used to shooting). Omni had a server up for a while that ran like silent glass, and that was amazing...finally made me feel like a real ranger of death. Also, try the gunner, when my fps drops below 10 and my ping gets bad I just play as a gunner. Another thing, fps isn't too important as a ranger as long as you're above 20 from what I can tell. I usually sit about 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.