Binding Dodge?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
:lol:

seriously, it is best to learn it normally. it allows you more freedom with your dodging and doesn't clutter your keyboard with useless keybinds

Deposition

Mar 31, 2004
yea but there is a split secont of u standing still, or at least a split secont u have to wait till u dodge wich can mean a big difference...

pIR4na

RapteR^
Mar 24, 2004
well i dont think there is a way u can bind it to one key but when u have been playing ut for as long as i have u get used to it :D
and when u understand how to move correctly and safely u can get from A to B twice as fast and more improtantly ALIVE :D

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
d][Pa said:
The dodge IS bound to 1 key. You just have to tap it. Twice.

:lol::tup:

Seriously though, just practice practice practice. :) When I went from Quake 3 to UT'99 for a short period of time I HATED dodging. It just takes a while. Pretty soon you'll be dodging like crazy.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
pIR4na said:
well i dont think there is a way u can bind it to one key but when u have been playing ut for as long as i have u get used to it :D
and when u understand how to move correctly and safely u can get from A to B twice as fast and more improtantly ALIVE :D

We are an english speaking forum, not whatever that was. Foreign languages aren't allowed here, sorry.

To answer the original question, no, you can't, this has never been possible. Besides, is it really that hard to double tap the movement key?

Deposition

Mar 31, 2004
mabye i should say it again

yea but there is a split secont of u standing still, or at least a split secont u have to wait till u dodge wich can mean a big difference...

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
http://www.ampednews.com/index.php?page=articles&id=241

that is a very very basic article i wrote.. just explains simple aspects of weapons and movements.. go down to the section titled "Float like a butterfly".. it will tell you how to dodge properly.

basically, dont try to dodge forward.. dodge to the side and curve yourself back to straighten out.. you move in a more curved path almost. read the article, i explained it more in depth.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Deposition said:
mabye i should say it again

Maybe this time you can try typing it so we can read it, or you're going to find yourself not taken seriously. Want to try again?

I'm just trying to let you know you should probably type so people can read your posts. This is not a chat room, it is a forum. If you don't feel like taking the time to make yourself understood, no one's going to take the time and read anything you have to say. If it doesn't matter enough to you to make it readable, why should it matter to us?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scumbag509

Devil's Advocate / Magic freak
Feb 12, 2004
Nemephosis said:
Maybe this time you can try typing it so we can read it

:rolleyes:

Your eliteism is getting in the way of the topic. If you can't understand what he's saying, the problem is on your end. Ain't no rule online saying anyone has to use perfect grammar.

All you had to say was "there's no way to do that, sorry". Surely that wouldn't be that hard?

And I'd like to point out that being taken seriously by someone complaining abouit this kinda stuff ain't exactly something most people are really gunnin' for.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
No, not being literate is getting in the way. If it's not worth typing out to him, then it isn't worth giving an answer to. This isn't hard to get.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
It's not a lot of effort to do and it isn't unreasonable to ask. :p

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
deposition.. my article gave you the answer to your question ~_~

if you dodge properly, there wont be a slight pause when you take your finger off the key in order to double tap it... instead, while running forward, you will double tap one of the side directions.. then hold the directional key of the opposite direction you dodged (if you dodged to the right.. hold left..) and then double jump... if you do it correctly, your person will basically throw themselves in a curve ball motion. not only does dodging to the side like that move you slightly larger distances, it is more effective because there wont be that slight pause of yourself standing still.

http://www.ampednews.com/index.php?page=articles&id=241

like i said, that article explains all the basics of 2k4, including movement